Ski Nova Scotia

Hsheffield

• Baller

Hi,

Anyone know where I can ski in Nova Scotia? I visit frequently, so don’t have a boat set up, so looking for a full set up with a course etc. haven’t been able to find anywhere yet. I contacted NSWSA but they only had things running on Friday and now seem to be shut down for the season.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

• Baller
I just moved to NS this summer and it turns out there are a lot of very welcoming skiers in the area. You're right about the club being shut down for the season, but we are having a fundraiser/get together on Sept 15 in Dartmouth. If you can make it, I'm sure there will be a few folks who'll offer to take you for a rip. I'd offer myself, but I don't have a boat (yet!)

• Baller
A few years back, in 2009, I stuporvised course installations at a site near Halifax, sponsored by the Perfect Pass people. The site is used most all the time for rowing training & events, though, and I don't think the ski courses are used for practice. The idea was that the site would host a Canadian Regionals and then a Nationals later on, with thoughts about a pro event. I don't know if any events have happened there after we did the work.

• Baller
A Huge shout out to @ReggieO who I connected with. He took me out for an incredible ski today with his boat on his beautiful lake. He even let me use his gear as I was out of town and didn’t have any with me. An absolute legend! We had a great time and are very grateful. The skiing community is absolutely incredible out in NS. Thanks to this forum for helping us connect.