Family ski boat for river

vtmecheng

• Baller
@MDB1056 thanks for the amazing insight. I simply asked about a boat model that I don't see talked about on here too often, a 2001 Supra Legacy. I've seen the pre-2000 mentioned a few times but not much after that. If I can get the price down enough on one of the other boats I'm looking at then I will buy one of them, I'm not going to over pay.

• Baller

@vtmecheng best friend has a 99 supra legacy. Tons of room inside the boat for people and gear. Does it have perfect pass? Shower? Heater?

Friend's legacy also had a cat plate that could adjust the wake table. I really like skiing behind it, wake is nice and soft. Not tiny, but very soft.

• Baller

@vtmecheng I re-read your original post. For background, I'm a former Sunsetter LXI owner and lover. However, depending on the used market in your neighbourhood, I second @ToddF's point: most people don't talk about the Moomba Outback, but it's a great family oriented boat that skis just fine through 35 off+. It's above average in terms of rough water, avoiding water over the bow, high freeboard, etc. And typically cheap enough that you can get into a 5-years newer boat for a price comparable to an older SN/MC/Malibu.

The Supra was a great slalom boat for it's era (I believe the Legacy is just a light update of the classic TS6M); if I recall it's very flat-bottomed at the back + low-nose angle (not great in rough water).

• Baller

Just out again in a ‘03 Sunsetter LXi.

Amazing wakes, storage and higher bow. A good clean 99-04 LXi is ideal for your situation.

Sometimes in the search for the best boat, best deal it’s easy to fall into something called Analysis Paralysis.

Hope you find the best boat for you soon.