Have you skied/driven the 50th Prostar or '19 Ski Nautique? How do they compare?

radarboy32

• Baller
I've driven both. Both are excellent driving boats with the Ski Nautique having the edge in tracking (but not the huge edge it once had, all three current tournament boats are pretty darned good these days). I will ski both this weekend in our record tournaments for that comparison.

• Baller_
Have skied both boats and spent some extensive time driving both boats. The SN is a far better driving boat then the MC At least with the boats i have experienced and the trick aspect in the 19 SN is leaps and bounds better then both of it's competitors. my preference to slalom and jump goes to MC, 22 through 35 off the slalom wakes are a bit softer and smaller with the MC. I think Nautique missed the bus on overall styling, had they kept the 200 front end with what they brought in regards to the rest of the boat it would have been a true Grand-slam. Sheer price of the new 19 SN boat keeps many looking at the other two. I know it is out of my league Yet overall if one wants the best 3 event boat the nod goes to Nautique.

• Baller
@Jody_Seal no horse in this race for me...how does MC out-jump and out-slalom the Nautique and then the Nautique is the best 3-event boat? Seems to me that's 2 of 3 events unless the tracking makes up for more than one event...yeah and then there's the looks.

• Baller_

@6balls

my preference on the slalom handle end at the lines and speed I ski my experience has been MC has a better wake at those lines. Again MC's leave a lot to be desired for drivability when comparing with the Nautique and of course the trick aspect the Nautique has the MC hands down. In reality one is cutting hairs with the jump but seems MC has figured out how to unleash more available Horsepower. Being that the MC has a small and not so great trick wake with out extensive install of weight bags and the fact that the boat does have some driving directional issues, sitting an average driver down in a new 19 Nautique that will naturally drive well and the trick aspect makes the Nautique a better three event boat IMOP.

Malibu trick wakes are not bad, better then the MC.

I really have no horse in the race either. all in all I would prefer a 6 liter 200 over anything out there and currently I have a 08 196 6 liter that is working just fine for my skiing needs..

• Baller

@Jody_Seal is right on the money. Watch Nate run through 38 and 39 behind this old 196 and think about how far we have really come in terms of wake and tracking. Not so far when you look back at what happens from the platform to the skier..