What is your training plan? In-season and off-season

Jack_Haase

• Baller
I have always been interested in methods of training on the water other than just running down the rope or moving the speed up until you get close or hit your PB. I just wanted to hear from the community what exactly they do to A keep up in the off season and B train in season on the water.

• Baller
On season as @twhisper always says to us, no reason to shorten the rope if you look like crap. Run a longer line say 22 and go to the speed that you can run with good form pass after pass. Then work on technique and move up from there. Off season I workout in the morning and do 100’s in the afternoon. 100’s are 5 sets of 20 reps of 4 different exercises in a row. Snow ski also.

• Baller
@Jack_Haase In the offseason I usually try to ski through the winter to keep in the groove and make Spring a lot less hectic. In the winter its more working on technique staying at longer line lengths for me. Also hit the gym a couple times a week. In the Spring I work a lot on Rhythm and fundamentals until it starts to feel better like @bigskieridaho said. If it doesn't feel good I don't shorten. In the summer I try to mix it up skiing wise, doing tournament sets, going up the line to your hardest pass and then back down to your starting pass. I also like Opting up on passes, and also will backup each pass before moving on to the next. Obviously when its closer to tournament season its a lot of going down the line. I really try to mix up my sets to keep my mind guessing, and not get burned into doing one thing like shortening every time.

• Baller

Off season: in the gym 7 days a week, 4 strength training 3 cardio

On season: tournament set to start every set, then work on technique at my money pass and/or the pass before it. 8-12 passes/set... sometimes more

Currently in off season, trying to lose about 5lbs while subsequently building strength and endurance.

Offseason: (only about a month or so for me) Gym 2-3 times a week, combined with some type of cardio (running, cycling).

Onseason: Gym 2 times a week, cardio, & lots of skiing.

I use both seasons to keep my mental game sharp. Mental training is often overlooked and is just as important if not more than the physical part of skiing!