Kissimmee Florida Ski Contacts

Fam-man

• Baller

One of my ski buddies is going to Florida mid February and is looking for ski opportunities. He will be staying at Vacation Village at Parkway Kissimmee and is hoping for something close by. It looks like Matt Rini is close by and might just go that way.

Thanks for any help.

• Baller_

What type of skiing experience is he looking for? If he wants coached sets, Rinis’ is certainly a great choice. I go there myself from time to time and I like skiing with Matt and Whitney. On the other hand, if he wants to ski and not pay for the coaching part of the experience, LaPoint Ski Park might be a better option at $40 per uncoached set. Most ski schools don’t offer this option. We are a ski club, not a ski school, and uncoached sets are the norm.

If he’d like a bit of both, he can split between the two sites, or he can ski with us and get coached by Kris or Jennifer LaPoint, or by Wade Cox, all of whom are available by appointment.

Bottom line, he won’t go wrong at either spot and both are about the same travel time from Kissimmee. I like to think we have a great vibe at LaPoints’, and maybe why its my home base.

Lpskier

• Baller
+1 for uncoached sets @ Lapoint Ski Park. For me, in the off-season, the coaching will be largely wasted... I'm just looking to maintain some fitness and have some fun. I stopped by last month for the first time… great site, great location (SW Orlando not too far from the airport) and @lpskier was really welcoming and accommodating.

• Baller
I like the idea of the uncoached sets for the same reason as you @andjules I will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana for spring break March 24th through the 31st with the family and haven`t skied since October. Would like to get out 3 early mornings during the week. Might get coaching depending on how I feel after the first day.