BOAT SHOW SEASON

blakeyates

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
To change gears within this thread, this discussion Post started at the Atlanta Boat Show. Guess what is next door to the location of that show? That would be Mercedes Benz Stadium and the Super Bowl. Should we start a New Post as to predictions of tonight’s game?

• Baller

@swc5150 is correct. I guess I didn’t explain it very clearly. Only reason I compared the new Ski Nautique to the 200 is because its the same price as the new pro star which is the boat that @skierjp compared the new Ski Nautique to.

Don’t get me wrong. I think the new Ski Nautique is an incredible boat. Just not for that spread in pricing.

• Baller
If you are not satisfied with the 5.7 in the Prostar it is close to a $14k upcharge for the 6.2; going from a single to a tandem axle trailer is also a pretty big up-charge on the Prostar for some reason. It would be nice if the Prostar had a 6.0L or H5 (5.3) option. Both the 200 and the SN have the 6.0l as a base engine.

• Baller
The NY boat show had big booths from Nautique, Mastercraft and Malibu. We spent a bunch of time on the the Ski Nautique and 210. The folks there were great, they let the kids use VR goggles that made it look like they were out on the water. Great to see the new SN in person, even in my least favorite color scheme.

• Baller

@04196 Wait, what!?!? The entire Pacific Nautiques dealership is gone? NOOOOOO!!!!!

Before I panic - are you sure you don't mean MasterCraft? If you go to the Lake Union Sea Ray web page MasterCraft boats are front and center:

lakeunionsearay.com/

But if you go to the Pacific Nautiques web site all they have is information about the 2018 boats... oh dear...

@KRoundy - yup, I am sure, talked to Rob, Ron & Doug at the show. If you noticed the little, and I mean little, placards on each of the Nautiques, they said something to the effect of (in very small print) "brought to you by Lake Union Sea Ray". Rob will be staying on in some capacity but both Ron & Doug are out. Now time will tell if they keep operations "as is" but something tells me things will be consolidated. In either case, still a sad day to see "OUR" Nautique dealer sell. They were great guys to deal with.

• Baller
"eljaybee" My 1st thought is 15 years (fairly standard on a new/nearly new boat,) but the math doesn't allow for much interest even then. "as low as" is a key phrase there. Bare bones, stripped down, with boat show discount .....maybe that works with 15 years, of course they are also likely factoring in a 10-20% down payment....then it probably works. Or, maybe they're financing new boats longer?

• Baller
At the Detroit show that is Silver Spray Sports with the 2 Nautiques. Jeff Smith owns Silver Spray Sports - He is a big time skier. At Okee a lot and I believe he is a Big Dawg skier also. So makes sense that the ski boats are well represented there

• Baller
@"Pat M" Jeff and Patty are super nice. I spoke with them at the show. My parents know them from way back on Secord lake in mid-Michigan. Somewhere my mom has a picture of Jeff slalom skiing with my little brother, who was maybe 2 at the time on his shoulders.