New Shed Set Up, show me yours...

MarkSAU

• Baller

Hi Guys

Looking for ideas or photos of your boat shed, or any suggestions for my new shed.

It will be ready this weekend and I have been looking for ideas on storing all the skis, wetsuits, vests, toys etc. Shed is designed to have the boat reverse in with tower up, and have about 1mt (3ft) between the boat and the wall on one side. Will have wood heater with man cave at the back under mezzanine floor with workshop on the opposite corner.

Starting with epoxy on the floor this weekend, and then...

0ac9uac1bqnz.jpeg

• Baller

@oldjeep , Yep this is my version.... 10 x 8m ( 33 x 26ft) just big enough for the boat, skis, toys and the beer fridge's, oh and a TV for the sport, a few couches, and sound system...

I want to have the simplest way to unpack from the boat onto ski racks, and hang the vests, wetsuits etc. Just has a quick search and seen some previous posts as well... some great ideas!

• Baller
Ski rack to the side or behind the boat, clothes line down the middle next to the boat, and a ceiling fan. You will be able to unload and reload everything from inside the boat and it will dry well. Put the beer fringe convenient to where you climb in, that way you can have a cold one as you hang up the skis.

• Baller

Lots of light. Outlets every 4’.

Agree to find way to hang everything while still in boat. Maybe a pivoting arm of some sort to hang jackets on etc.

ski racks on wall reachable from boat too.

I’d say don’t forget a stereo, but there is one in the boat I suppose.

• Baller

Thanks Guys,

@skimtb , we have purchased 4 High Bay 100W LED lights with 2ea on a separate switch, as these will hang from the 2 roof beams. Not sure if I will need more but will see what it looks like when up. Roof also has clear sections to let light in during the day. Also thought of using a Kayak winch to hang vests etc directly from the boat and hoist up when done.

As for stereo.. I have our old home cinema set up going in the man cave / bar, 55 inch TV screen, 1000w 5.1 amp, sub and Bose Cube speakers on the walls.

Have also arranged for some pallet racking to run along the wall next to the boat, so I can step out the boat onto the shelving, hang the skis on a rack, and hang the inflatables to dry.

Will be running power this weekend, and starting to line the walls with Plywood and insulation. Floor coating is on and drying.. Wallet is significantly lighter......

• Baller
Definitely fans. I have 2 small fans screwed into ceiling aimed down into boat, while parked I open the engine cover and the bench seat and back compartments. There were already a couple outlets in the ceiling of the garage, which was convenient. I also have a Noco Genius battery charger screwed into the ceiling so the cables fall right down into the back compartment where the battery is. Simple ski rack along the wall made of verticle 2x4s screwed into wall with 1" holes spaced properly, then 1" dowel pushed into the holes.

• Baller

Heat of some sort too. Which i assume is on track since you mention insulation. Lots of insulation in ceiling / roof.

Wire for remote speakers. Maybe a set by the boat vs just in the man cave corner.

• Baller

I don't know if this gives you any ideas, but my boat shed is the garage attached to the house. It has storage platforms all along the front of the garage that the boat fits under if the hatches are closed. Few shelves full of supplies and a hangerbar for all the jackets and wetsuits. Skis and boards are all in a rack above the boat.

2txgelk55rac.jpg

7ata1dchrcvr.jpg

riklaa3lm976.jpg