2019 HO Animal

Felix Bauer

Hey guys,

Did anyone of you get your hands on the 2019 model of the HO Animal binding?

If so, I would be interested in hearing your oppinion whether its better to stick to the 18 version or upgrade.

Thanks for your answers,

Felix

I tried 2019 and didn't like it. It is just too hard to get in and out of. I didn't use the 2018 animals, so no die hard animal guy, but hated the 2019 version. I doubt if I'd like that tight style anymore. It just seems to just crush up on your feet by the end of a set. I went to 2019 Radar boa with aluminum plate, much more comfortable and seems to turn well so far.

• Baller_
I like the ability to loosen the laces for entry / egress and to get the correct fit for me. They are hard enough to get off at the end of a set with laces particularly in cold water. I liked the transition when they added laces back in the late 90's so not sure I would like going back to the old style design. My ski partner tried a pair and had a really hard time getting them off at the end of his set.

• Baller

I've used an animal rear for years. I modify it by using a phantom overlay because it is stretchier and I never lace it. I also replace the plate with a carbon plate because it flexes with the ski better.

I recently ordered the '19 model and it's terrible.

The footbed is molded to the plate so you can't adjust the placement of the rubber boot on the plate You can't replace just the plate without losing the footbed. The new front overlay thing is a waste, but can be removed. The boot is way too tight and can't be adjusted unless you replace the overlay.