Another Perfect Pass thread

• Baller

I have 9.2 and I can say the lock is MUUUUCH smoother over 9.0...but what I have been getting is fast times.

This was one I got some pics of:

3f9z801eqq33.png

0v8f1yw3w82a.png

yoez5dmicdbd.png

The times are all within .01 of each other...but they are consistently fast. Any settings I should tweak?

• Baller
Not sure how they are doing it in the newest version but each speed needs baseline rpm calibrated. Even though your overall time is close the ball to bal times are pretty bad. It won't ski to well. I'd contact perfect pass with all those gps errors.

• Baller

I believe all the ball times are within tolerance.

If your baselines are set, you can tweak the background settings of ball1, ball3 and ball4 to exit. Hit the on/off and up button together to get to the background settings.

y0dmg2ddtj8b.png

• Baller

Hindsight.... I see you are running a speed under 30mph. Not sure if there are tweaks for that speed. Perhaps (as others have said) re-check the baselines.

But honestly, less than .1 of a second shouldn't be a concern.

• Baller
Even though the system makes the times (including ball times) in tolerance, if the speed deviates a lot up or down ball to ball, it won't "feel" right. Now another thing to consider before you get to concerned. At 28 mph is the skier your pulling really skiing? The system adds RPM to counter the strong pull of a slalom skier than modifies the speed with GPS input. Your ball speeds show the system constantly bleeding speed. It could be the skier is not skiing the pass or is learning. Is this a possibility?

• Baller

@"Keith Menard" how are times with no skier at all speeds particularly 0 setting 34.2 mph.

If skiing 28.6 and getting fast but the higher speeds are good not a big deal. But I'd suspect you could run the skier on O instead and get OK times.

Your next step is either to try KX - which might get your speeds back a bit. Or adjust baselines down a touch. But calibrate those for your 34 and 36 skiers.

• Baller
@Steven_Haines depends what you mean by surging. If it's throttling up when the skier is pulling and you indeed have Z-Box, then it's likely working as designed. What happens if you set the pull value to SG mode (standard StarGazer with Z-Box disabled)?

• Baller

@Steven_Haines I noticed a big improvement of surges after upgrading to version 9.12. The boat engages to the set speed similar to a zero off boat when pulling up a skier.

I don't have zbox, but the passes I've run since the upgrade have been very consistent.

• Baller

@UWSkier the surge is odd, not like ZO. I was told that there were large swings on the speedometer while skiing. When I’m driving with out a skier i can hear it hunting for the speed. It’s better since I went inverted. I believe that I have the 9.0 upgrade.

I’m going to do a system reset today and see and then mess with kx+ and -

• Baller

It shouldn't care so long as its oriented to the line of travel and not at an angle. You may have to shim it if the wall near the drivers seat is very angled/curved.

I would disable Z-Box completely when setting up the stargazer and get the speeds so they don't surge w/o a skier.

• Baller

Update for the Stargazer users. I got an email from Gary at Perfect Pass that said he used an idea I had emailed him a year ago. The change is a minor tweak to how the speed fine tune works in practice mode.

Now in rev 9.2s there is no longer two speed set points (speed and a fine tune). In the new version when you adjust the fine tune it changes the main speed set point by +\- 0.1 mph.

In 9.0 if you ski at 33mph (32.3 + 0.7) then bump up to 34 the fine tune will still be at 0.7. I found this slightly annoying to constantly be changing two settings.

Gary said, the only other changes are screen tweaks and no actual control gain values were changed. He sent me a free upgrade for my small contribution. I installed it but have not skied it yet.

Bill

Edit:

1. forgot to say this was released a few months ago.

2. Also it’s confusing because he called the update 9.12 but the sticker on the update chip said 9.2s.

• Baller

I have tried all the trouble shooting to get 32 to run right...34...dead on...36....dead on...32, no dice...inverted, standard calibrated, recalibrated, doesn;t matter.

Went into practice mode today and dialed in 32.0, 17.93 on the nose over and over.