Stokes Vests Unboxing 2019

Horton

• Baller

@Horton , i hear nothing but positive things about the stokes evo. I don't have a stokes dealer close by and I usually take a medium vest; however i read stokes can fit a little small ( this was in regards to their wet suits to be honest), and wasn't sure what your thoughts were on that? What size is yours? my guess is i'm one size larger.

Thanks,

Ky

• Baller
@waterskicorey the material they make the vest out of is the main difference. It's much more "slick" than the v1 so your arms won't chafe on the vest while skiing. I have one and love it but fyi they do run small. I just emailed Stokes with my size and asked what they suggested.

• Baller

Hey @MuskokaKy, your chest size being 40" I would suggest going with a large, the material we have is very stretchy but will always go back to its original shape, you'll never end up with a loose fitting vest.

@waterskicorey we changed the base material on the vest to be a bit more durable. The padding we incorporated a super slick material so their is no restriction on your arms when attacking the course. Its a super comfortable vest with great durability, and mobility. If you have more Q's feel free to contact us, details are on the website. stokesskis.com. Thankyou and have a great day.

Thomas Asher

• Baller

Hey @ScotChipman1 great you really like our EVO 2 vest. The Blue Steel is the same thickness in padding and the sizing is identical. The base material is probably a little bit softer and the padding is perhaps a little smoother than the evo 2 lessening any arm chaffing. Its a really comfortable vest whilst still providing the durability, floatation and protection we want from an impact vest

Hope that helps.

Thomas Asher

• Baller
Hey @JAS we only have them up to Size XXL but the NITRO 2.0 is a little more forgiving than the previous version. We also upped the sizing so the vest runs a little bigger. We do have XXXL in our EVO2 slalom vest though which is a great option.

• Baller

Hey @JAS the NITRO has a slicker material covering the padding of the vest and also a more aggressive grade to stop Arm chafing and bunching. The jacket is also 1/2" shorter than the EVO2. The material is very stretchy but not fragile.

Take nothing away from the EVO2 though, the vest is fantastic also, providing padding, protection, and flotation. If you take a big crash in this vest you'll pop up and the padding won't shift or move around due to the pinched stitching keeping the padding in place. Incredibly durable vest.

@Horton i know really likes his EVO2 as do many others.

If you need more details or a better explanation give me a shout between 9 & 5 EST,

Thanks

Thomas Asher

• Baller
@Thomasasher Will you be selling the vests at the US nationals in West Palm in a few weeks? I’m interested in getting one, but I thought I could wait till then and save on shipping if so.