SN 200 6L Warning Message Help Please

jdk99

• Baller

I am getting the following warning but ONLY when I have my heater on. If I Ieave the heater off, no warning ever. Engine temps fine, no funny smells, coolant level ok, running like a charm otherwise. Any thoughts? Am I ok just running it with the heater off until my next service and have them look at it then or should I take it in now? Thanks much.

hjpb7msf67bb.jpg

• Baller
Thanks @mbabiash. 2013. Good thought. If it's just a threshold issue, shouldn't be something that puts me at risk for catastrophic failure in the short term. Odd that it only happens with heater on.

• Baller

@jdk99

Along with what @jjackkrash said, check that your strainer is tight. Sometimes the stainless screen does not seat properly in the metal body (top) and prevents the clear plastic cannister from fully seating against the gasket. This allows air intrusion. It takes suprisingly little air intrusion to kill the raw water pump performance, causing less cooling water flow.

Also, check all hose connections on the inlet side of your raw water pump for tightness.

• Baller
@jjackrash and @Zman: So I checked the strainer and sure enough there are air bubbles and the gasket isn't seated correctly. Great call!! So, forgive my ignorance here, but can i just wait for the engine to cool then twist the clear cover off and reseat the gasket OR do i have to drain something before I remove the cover? Clearly not a gearhead!!! Thank you.

• Baller

Seems odd that the heater being on exacerbates the issue. The heater pulls temperature out of the cooling circuit. Plus unless there's a different heater setup on that boat than I've ever seen, water or coolant is constantly flowing through the heater core regardless of whether the fan is spinning or not.

Almost seems like an electrical noise issue

• Baller
@jdk99 Glad you found the issue and got back on the water. For what its worth I change my impeller annually whether it looks bad or not. We average 40-60hrs a season pending weather. Cheap insurance policy and it only takes 10min to change. The new impeller always gets a little shot of dish soap before it goes in the housing as well. Maybe i'm a little OCD.

• Baller
I need to change the impeller on my 2016 200 with H5; this is the first time since owning the new boat and it is different than my last boat. It looks like a simple 3 10mm bolts and pull, but is there anything I need to be aware or tips I should know of before I start the procedure?