Turn finish

HighAltitude

I've got a Sydicate Omni I'm try to dial in just a tiny bit to help me run my 34/15's more consistently. I just moved the bindings back about 3/16 of an inch but found my turns were not finishing quite like before. How would I adjust my Denali fin to get a little more tip engagement at the finish of the turn? I might go back to my original setting but though I would ask to see if I can do it with the fin instead.

• Baller_

Try moving your fin back 10/1000. If it’s better but not perfect, keep moving it back until it starts to feel worse. Then go forward 5/1000 and leave it. If the first move is better but too much, go forward 5/1000.

Or better yet, buy The Fin Whisperer and follow its advice.

Lpskier

@AdamCord thanks for the reply! I moved my bindings back to their original position as well as my fin. I'm going to take a set in that position to reset my baseline and then begin again. I'll try moving my bindings back an 1/8th of an inch while reducing the depth of the fin by .010. I'll try that and then another set at .020 and compare the feel.

I cannot overemphasize how far I've already improved by switching skis and adding your fin. The fin really changed my off side and has allowed me to get into a much better position for the pull. Last year at this time I hadn't made a 34 mph set. Just three days ago I got 3 at 22/34. Totally stoked for an old dude.

The only problem is the 45 degree air temp in Colo this morning. Did somebody cancel summer?