Our weather sucks here in the Northeast

Chef23

• Baller

I am off to a bit of a late start this year and have now skied three times including the last two days. This morning the first official day of summer the air was 61* and the water not much warmer. I am a bit of a softie now and am still skiing in my full Camaro.

I want mid 70* water and similar air temps in the morning. It is supposed to warm up this weekend hopefully we will get a few degrees on our water. Our lake is deep so it takes time to warm up.

• Baller
I thought I lived in Indiana not Oregon! Daily temperature has been tolerable but it rains EVERY DAY! Several local ski lakes are unskiable due to high water. Those that are skiable have 3 minute waits at each end for the waves to dissipate. Supposed to have a tournament at Champion Lakes tomorrow. (Nate Smith's home site) It's raining this evening as I write this and predicted to rain tomorrow. Mother Nature Rules!

• Baller

@HighAltitude did you driver take off because he heard there was 2 feet of fresh pow falling? :)

The weather in the northeast and midwest may suck but we're not shoveling snow in the middle of June.

• Baller_

Seems to be the norm everywhere north of I 40!

I am heading to the flathead valley in Montana wed. Been monitoring the weather their. It's been a week since the temps were above 65 and it snowed in many parts of montana last week.

Going to be a shock my first set , guess I better pack a spring heater top!

• Baller
Weather took a turn for the better over the weekend. Skied this morning in just a heater top. Not sure what the water temperature was but likely mid 60s. Air was in the low 70s. Conditions were awesome though.

• Baller

@Andre I am skiing the course again although not at full speed. This morning I ran 6 passes at 30 mph one at 22 off and the other 5 at 28 off and made them all.

Right now I am skiing on a Radar Katana but a few more sets this year and I am going to go back to my Goode Mid and try 32 mph and work my way back up to 34 mph.

• Baller

From NW Ohio, I believe it's rainin' all over the world..

The Turnpike finally came out and cleaned out their ditch at the end of last summer and it has handled all the water this year and more. If not, we would surely be overflowing the banks.

The wind and rain just need to cooperate on ski days, which so far, it has not. Only skied once so far. A little warmer water would be nice for the end of June. Mid-60's at best.

I'm with ya @A_B Been miserable. Got better this past weekend but had other commitments. Finally a south breeze tonight but couldn't get out there. Planning on tomorrow night but a west wind is projected and that is the worst direction for "The Pond"

• Baller
@Tdub Wednesday was calling for SW which is great for us but now switched higher W winds which is not good for us either. Same for tomorrow. At least the farm fields might dry up a little with the higher winds.

• Baller
Colorado has been hit and miss, mostly miss. The water is low 70’s which is awesome but trying to catch a window between the fast moving storms is tricky. It’s truly been an exercise in patience! This week is supposed to be nice. Here’s to hoping that the forecasters are right! Come on summer!

@DaveD - no my driver (who is my son) got plenty of pow this winter! The snow skis are hung up and we are trying to thaw out after a long winter. Luckily, we will hit the 90's this week but it's been tough. If it wasn't cold, it was windy. Now the thunderstorms have started. Lightning came out of nowhere yesterday and was so close we heard the buzz of the lightning before the thunder. We hightailed it from the boathouse and waited 30 minutes for the second set. Luckily I live on my ski lake so I'm able to work around the lousy weather. Just finished my 20th set yesterday.

Still plenty of snow in the mountains for anyone inclined!