double boot set up for 8yo

LoopSki

• Baller

my son hates the binding set up on his combo set single .

struggling to get up and blames the adjustable front/ rtp set up. he can get up on his wakeboard no problem and cruise around. wake board has much nicer binidngs that are on that combo sets single. does anyone make really small double boot setup? also is this setup potentially dangerous for an 8 year old that is learning? likely mental he's just used to a much more of a custom-fit that he gets from the wakeboard bindings.

• Baller
Getting up on a wakeboard is different from a ski. While I could be completely off having not seen him, it's likely his form and not the bindings. I learned to get up on a crappy combo ski with a crappy rubber front and RTP that put your feet right on the ski. Not getting up was always operator error for me.

• Baller

Look for xs Wiley’s or similar.

Tell him to stay in a little ball and push on the front foot and count to 10 before he stands up.

Wakeboard May be allowing him to stand up too soon. Can’t do that on a ski, especially your first 20 times....

• Baller_

Is the combo a wide or traditional? If traditional, ditch it for a wide one or 64-65” slalom

Binding should be wiley and rtp. Knowing what I've learned after messing with all sorts of bindings over the last 40 years, I would not put anyone in double boots

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Just picked up a junior Obrien Siege for my 9 yr old nephew and he loves it. Only just getting up on one before hand, again because of average bindings on a combo set. The junior Siege has super comfortable bindings with plenty of adjustment. You could barely buy 1 good binding for this price:. Now hes tearing it up and loves it.

• Baller
I may have some small bindings I could send to you. I will be home tomorrow and can look in my basement. I would send them for the cost of shipping. My kids are 20 and 21 and have obviously outgrown them.

• Baller
FWIW, I was at a youth development camp last week with my daughter and asked the coach (you know, highly ranked skier and coach, as probably the case at all good youth development camps) and he said stay with rear toe plate. In fact, he said if he was starting over again, he would never have gone to double boots.