I want a crash course on how to set up a water ski.

Hi all,

It been awhile since I've posted on here. Heck, I have only skied 3 times this year, wether sucks! I have been wondering what the proper way to set up a ski. I have always set my binding 2 holes forward. My thought process on this was I ski heavy on my back foot. I don't think it really does anything, but I at least think about not skiing so heavy on my back foot. The wing and fin I have never really missed with. I might have moved the wing for some odd reason, but with no real thought process. I'm really curious on to set it up the right way.

• Supporting Member

That's a big question that I don't have time to answer, but I do want to state right away that moving boots forward will NOT solve back weighting. In fact, it can make it worse as you overcompensate what feels like an awkward position.

Getting weight off the rear foot is about a change of skiing stance and fully absorbing the fact that OTFs are caused by ROCKING forward, which means being on your back foot to start is exactly how to go out the front. Think about sitting on a swing at the bottom compared to someone pulling you way back first!