Slalom Course Bull Shoals Lake, AR

IGski

• Baller

Been vacationing at Bull Shoals Lake Arkansas for years and going there next week.

Saw a course up in Sister Creek Area a couple of times but haven't seen anything in years. Are there any ballers out there who know if anyone has one and where they are using it?

I would be more than happy to contribute to the buoy fund if someone knows.

Thanks!

• Baller

I grew up visiting Bull Shoals. I think I learned to ski the course near Pontiac Cove where the Shull's had a course and a jump.

My aunt and uncle have now retired down there and we are going to see them in a few weeks. There apparently is a course in one of the coves not far from point 19 but that is a long ways from Sister Creek.

Have a great trip!

• Baller

Use to ski a course in Hieber Springs Arkansas, back in the 80's. It was in a Marina on the SW side. Would like to know if it is still there.

As a side note, when they built the huge dam that made that Lake, a whole town went underwater, and you could Scuba Dive down to see it. Really cool back then.

• Baller

My family went there for about 6 years, ceasing about 5 years ago, and we'd bring and install a portable course. Well, it was actually a double trout line with very evenly spaced floats except for 6 orange floats on alternating sides. We once put it in the Sister Creek area, but all other times as far east as we could in either the cove with North Shore Resort or the next little cove east.

I did find a slalom course the last time I was there (about 5 years ago) for a 3-day weekend. Just a little south and west of the Peel Ferry line / Buck Creek area. It appeared the course owner was the nearest dock and they had recent activity, but we couldn't flag anyone down to confirm and give them a little buoy support $$$.

Sorry don’t know for Bull Shoals, but @Ed_Johnson the course on Greers Ferry by the marina in Heber is still there and well maintained by an active club. I bought by 94 190 from the original owner Bret who skis there, was a promo owner up to 94, not sure how far back from there. Perhaps you met him during your stop.

• Baller

@Magee...We were going there from Memphis with our MC190 through out the 80's. Use to stay at the Red Apple Inn. We were going to buy a house on the opposite side of the cove from where the Marina/Slalom Course was located. Then the Airline I was flying for opened up a 747 Base in Hawaii, so we moved and skied there for the next 10 years.

Believe I met Bret back then also, but I think he was involved with MB Boats back then.

My Wife really Loves it there and wants to go back there.

• Baller
@IGski I know Ive seen 2 courses around the area by the dam before.... i think i may have a map that has the cove marked. Ill message you and we can talk. Of course they may have taken it down too..... been few years...

• Baller

@EricW We have been going there for 18 years and just got back 1st week of August. I only saw a course about 3 times in all those years....Searched around this year and asked the marinas. Nothing to be found. I'm seriously considering buying a used portable course to take next year. It is hard to believe a lake that nice with smaller coves doesn't have anyone maintaining a course.. Good luck and have fun!