Denali C75 Review

Horton

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
6' 3" 210 lbs on last version before final ski. It's actually a M and I should be on a lg. It has gotten my 35s more consistent and into 38 a little more. Can't wait to order mine and see how much better the L is.

• Baller

You Guy's are killing me, so I ordered mine last night, #498. I really feel I owe both the Adams a lot. They helped me with all the Mods on my Supershell, washers on my fin block, which really helped my onside turn. Plus, the CG Fin turned my NRG into a Super Ski.

I was waiting to see all the new skis out there at Nationals, but my heart was with the Denali. It just sounded insane to put a 220# Guy on a 65" Ski. However, when Chord confirmed it was fine, I had to pull the plug...Plus, @Horton was a "BIG" influence also.

I just believe in these Guy's SO MUCH !!

• Baller

@paul413ski ..... Line lengths are 28 -38 at 34 and 32 MPH. I am suppose to be skiing M8@32, but all my PB's are at 34. I am hoping the Denali will get me back through 39. It's been 10 years since running it because ZO changed that. Big Guy's had an advantage behind Perfect Pass because you could pull the boat down, and it was slower to bring the speed up. If you were a Big Guy, ZO would NAIL your butt...Now, Rev S has made that better.

@wawaskr .... Really wish I knew, asked Adam Chord on here, but he never said. Maybe if those of us who get our skis could post what number it is would give us a range.

I am also sure they are doing the best they can, and I sure don't want them to rush skis out. I waited 2 months to get my CG Fin and it was a game changer. I want them to make the best ski they can and will patiently wait my turn, but I wish it was here tomorrow.

• Baller

Your right, it is Cord and not Chord. sorry about that. But anyway I am a Musician and it's how I pay for my skiing. Paid for College, Flying, and Auto Racing. Been doing that since 8 years old, same time I learned how to ski. Music and skiing is how I started, and it looks like that's the way I'm going out. With a Guitar in one hand and a Denali in the other !!!!

• Baller

@RB I’ve been out of town on a project for my real job all this week. When I get back tomorrow I will be able to issue a refund after inspecting the ski. Honestly I’m just amazed someone actually sent one back :|

Also it’s not hype it’s science

• Supporting Member
@RB I think you may have missed an arbitrage opportunity. People are eager to try this ski and Denali is behind on filling orders, so you probably should have put it up on Ski-It-Again for $2250 and seen if there were any takers. (I'm not really kidding. Unless that's immoral for some reason that I'm forgetting, in which case I am totally kidding...)

• Baller
8 sets on mine. First was awkward like a first date, but I was still posting good scores. After trying different fin angles and both the flat and s-wing, it is smooth and sweet. I don’t have 20 sets on it like Horton does when he writes a review, but I can say his review is accurate.

I’ve got about 15-20 sets under my belt now on my C-75. For those wondering what this ski is like at longer line lengths and slower speeds, I ski 34mph @ 22 to 28 off. I really like this ski, think I’m a minor fin adjustment from loving the ski.

I feel a lot of the things described in this review. Haven’t added to my buoy count yet, but was running right up to my PB for the year on my second set. Initially I like the c-75 much better than I liked the c-65 out of the box. Very user friendly for a very novice skier. I would recommend this ski for folks at longer line lengths and slower speeds.

• Baller
Denali c75 is simply amazing! I've been off the water for 10 weeks after a hernia surgery. Tonight was the maiden voyage. First set was pretty good. Onside with money. Offside I wasn't able to get back to the handle consistently off the ball but was still getting 6 even being separated from the handle that bad. For the second set I added .005 of length . On-site was still very good . Offside was very good. Driver couldn't tell I was back there. Two buoys off my PB. 6.805, 2.52, 1.01 DFT 7° S wing , 28.5" FB RTP size medium Going back out Sunday morning. Thanks for such a great ski @AdamCord & @adamhcaldwell .

• Baller
Yeah, I didn't realize how close I was to him on settings until after I was done. With length I started at 6.800 great connected on side. Offside was hard to get back to the handle. Went to 6.810 offside was connected great. Onside was not as good so split the difference 6.805 offside was still connected good off the ball. On side with connected as well . Great acceleration and waiting on the buoy makes it a lot of fun to ski. Denali has a where to start window of settings & a symptom tuning chart very helpful . If you go to their website click on c75 scroll all the way to the bottom you will find it.

• Baller

Yeah, I have read all that, but gives you a wide range. Can't argue with success, and both you and Horton came out so close, so that's where I am going to start. I've been using the CG Fin on 3 different skis, so I am really use to adjusting it and what it does for you. Can't wait to try it on the real deal though. Thanks again !!!

• Baller
Put a local 200lb skier on the Large last week at Trophy. At 29" 1.00dft, 2.530, 6.800 7 wing, it was a little sluggish, but good enough to run some 35s with. Made a move last night to get the tip lower into first wake on the gate. Shifted to 1.10dft, 2.520, 6.860 with same boot and wing. He pulled out the checkbook after running best score of the season after several easy and cruzy 35s. Expect he will run 38 in next set or two for sure.

• Baller
The C75 has broken me out of my 2-year skiing slump/funk and has helped me regain my skiing confidence. I NEVER feel like I’m out of a pass. Crazy stable even when ridden hard (this is when the ski really shines). Sometimes coming out of a turn I find myself saying “Hell Yeah!”. Love this ski.