Replacement boot for R-Style

• Baller

Hey I just started using the R Style this year and despite doing very little skiing I noticed my R style bootie already appears to not be in for the long haul. For reference I have a Reflex front that I am going on year 3 on I think and on the original bootie and its in great shape.

Has anyone used different liners? I would like to try and find something a little thinner than the current one I use if possible.

• Baller

The newer reflex pro form liner for the r style is much better than the crappy one I had a few years ago. What model liner is it? I’ve also used liner from radar Vapor boot. It’s a tighter fit and with a Velcro strap on top almost feels like a boot.

• Baller
I've always used an Intuition Aqua for the R style with a velcro strap around the top to keep it closed. Feels like you are in a normal full rear perception wise. Tons better than the horrible R style boot that came with the shell.

• Baller

flex seal is an amazing product that will fix old torn liners and if sprayed on seams when new will extend the life of the liner we use it on Snow ski race lace liners also.

especially in the heel area where you get wear and tear from putting them on and off.

• Baller

The problem with the r rear is the back edge of the shell is hard and borderline sharp, hence it chews up the heel of the liner from putting your foot in.

I tried taking a file to it, which helped a little, but in the end I switched to a radar HRT rear. No liner, holds up better (no rusting parts), and I can get my foot back in after a crash in the water.

• Baller

@keithh20skier that’s the old r style liner. I tossed mine in the garbage after it came apart. The new style r- rear liner is actually really good. It’s designed to slip right in and doesn’t get torn up like the old one. The back of the liner is shaped to form over the binding so easy in and out Very comfortable too after a quick heat mold session. I’ve used other liners but came back to the new R-style pro form liner

https://reflexwaterskiusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/reflex-short-proform-liner.jpgemf7fbsv4o50.jpeg