Z-BOX FOR JUMP

gpcarson

• Administrators
I have mixed feelings about any jumping that is not as close to spec as possible. I do not know how Z Box works for jump but you MUST consult some high level jumpers about this before you proceed.

• Baller
Besides the use of GPS course mapping (no magnets) with the newest StarGazer update, I believe the jump pull is the same or very similar to Perfect Pass Classic. I don't believe Z-box has any jump settings (StarGazer does, but not the Z-box module). I jump around 110 and regularly jump behind a freshly upgraded StarGazer boat and ZO and can't tell a difference. I do notice a difference between ZO boats, but not between my SG boat and my ski partners ZO boat.

• Administrators

@gpcarson If your son is going 120 then before long he will be wanting 140. If the PP boat is all you have - what I suggest is you find the best jumper in your area and have him come ride behind your boat and look at how it is set up. Your son is approaching a level where things need to be really right and may need some knowledgeable coaching for when he goes to a tournament with ZO.

by the way.... where do you ski?

Well we do get to jump behind zero off boats at Stillwater Lakes in Palm Bay, Florida, but I'm trying to get our boat set-up so he can train more. I am going to try to change out engines for Zero off, but was wondering if the z-box is an option, but I don't think it is. I was also wondering if I need to try to get the 6 liter over the 5.7. Really appreciate your input.

• Baller

@gpcarson - I think I notice motor difference in ZO boats, but its hard to tell, it is rare I get to jump behind two ZO boats of the same manufacturer with different motors within a few weeks of each other.

Within Stargazer (there is no Z-box jump settings that I am aware of) there are a variety of background settings for jump, it would be worth doing as @Horton said and have someone who know what they are doing help make sure it is setup properly. We have recently pulled some jumpers in the 190ft range who enjoyed the pull with Stargazer.