Does Howley Get a Boat Deal Now?

ozski

• Baller
I wonder if one of the boat companies will get serious and work out a boat deal for the new world champion, he's been doing most of his training behind a very old 200 here in Australia. I hope his phone starts ringing! Well done Joel on a gutsy effort.

• Baller

@ozski I suggested to Nautique directly about 2 years ago and they said "we keep an eye on young up and coming talent". I took that as a no. As you would know with Jacinta, they're not exactly helpful on this continent on such things.

Maybe we lean on Malibu or Mastercraft on his behalf?

• Baller
His social influence goes way beyond Australia so the location should in theory be less of an issue. Lets see if anyone steps up.. I don't think its a good look for the world champ to be training behind a 2010 model, kind of sends the message that you don't need to buy a new boat to be competitive and we all know that's just not true.

• Baller

@ozski How is it not true when he just won the world title? I think the evidence is in showing he's pretty competitive training behind an "old boat".

Don't get me wrong, it would be great for Joel to be signed up to a Boat manufacturer

• Baller
Every time I've crossed paths with Joel, it's easy to see he would be a great representative for any company. I still remember talking to him at the starting dock before I had ever seen him ski and nobody knew who he was except for the Coble Ski School group and his mates in Australia. He straps his helmet on and goes out and runs his first 39 in a tournament, then comes back to the dock and says "that's the first 39 that I've run and didn't think I was going to die!"