Do you have a 67 XTR and a slot caliper?

jhughes

• Baller
If you do, terrific! Could you measure your length and DFT both with the jaws/slot and then with the tips/head and tell me what the conversion number is from Slot Caliper to normal caliper? I'm not cheap- I'll commit to buying the slot caliper when I can commit to this ski, I promise. I'm just flying blind right now. A conversion number for this exact ski would be really helpful.

• Baller

@thager you’re probably right but then sharing numbers or putting suggested number has no meaning.

As far as trying to set up a ratio, you can not really, it works only on identical skis (or very similar in this case). The surface of the ski around the fin will have an effect on numbers when measuring with jaws and slot especially on length and dft. So no not trying to setup a ratio just a hack to measure and setup a Goode ski without having to buy a slot caliper.

@jhughes I measure the GTR with the slot. The length always tips so I can't tell you. But we measured DFT a few times with slot and analog caliper and there is quite a bit of difference. Usually .775 measured with slot is close to about .755 with flat. I have tried a few different calipers at the lake and this different was pretty consistent.