Fluid Motion Bindings

PacMan

• Baller

So I have never really heard anything about this company but came across their name in another thread I had about the Radar HRT. I am looking to change my binding system away from the animal double boots I currently use and have been focusing on what rear binding I want to go to. I don't think I want a double hardshell setup so I have been looking at some options. I was curious about the Radar HRT but when I tried one I didn't like how much heel movement I had, it felt like I might as well have been using an RTP. Having skied with a rear boot pretty much since I started slalom skiing it felt WAY too foreign and I decided that it was not going to work out. I am looking for something that will allow more ankle flexibility without sacrificing the heel stability and firm heel hold of the rear boot. I have also looked at the Reflex R-type rear binding system but am not convinced that is the right system for me. thanks @Wish for the info and offer.

I am curious what anybody thinks of the EVO RS CUSTOM-HYBRID REAR BOOT SYSTEM

https://fluidmotionsports.com/collections/all-systems/products/evo-rs-custom-hybrid-rear-boot-system

This to me looks like it would provide more of a rear binding feeling heel hold and also allow for greater ankle flexibility. has anybody used this system? And if so what did you think of it? also I'm curious if it would fit behind a HO Syndicate hardshell's release mechanism (the only hardshell I have easy access to that I am planning on trying very soon) also if anyone has used any of Fluid Motion's front bindings I would appreciate any insight as to what you thought. I am looking at the REVO 500 for a front boot but cannot find any on ski it again that will work. Currently they are not running a demo program unfortunately. I am also considering getting a D3 T-Factor front boot as an alternative to the hardshell front but I will have a better idea about that after I try the Syndicate hardshell boot my friend has.

thanks all.

• Baller
I am currently on EVO Fluid motion front and back, for about 6 years. I initially was on Venom then animals. I ski 34/36 28 - 38. In between i tried Goode (good boots) but the fluid motion allowed me to convert to double hard shells and not miss a beat and eventually skiing much better (PB on EVO). It has saved my lower body parts several times with timely releases. I'm not saying any boots are fool proof. But these were some of the easiest transition boots I've tried, and has helped me with my technique.

• Baller
I used FM boots for several years including the EVO and it's predecesor the E-series. FM is a good company and while they generally make good products, at times it was very difficult to find parts and get service on their bindings. About three years ago I moved to a HO hardshell front and a Reflex R-style back. I made the transition almost seamlessly by using a high liner and not using the low-cut R-Style liner (which in my opinion are not well constructed anyway). Using the high liner still gives me the "feel" on my leg that a high rear boot would give me. I'm assuming that you are aware the HO and the Reflex and the Jon Travers front hardshell are basically the same systems albeit with some minor differences. PM me if you need more info.

• Baller
I run an EVO front and reflex r-style in the rear. The evo release is simple and makes sense to me, cuff just comes off. No reason to over tighten, it would never pre-release in normal skiing. 3 hard crashes in the last 3 weeks where I came out of both. Ouch, but they did their job! No binding is truly safe, but we’ve had 3 club members in Evo’s for a number of years.