ship sticks

disland

• Baller
I have used ship sticks multiple times. Great service. Most of the time I was shipping my slalom ski to my brothers house but I did use it to ship it home instead of checking it on the airplane the last time. Never had any issues and is cheaper than checking it at the airport and safer.

• Baller
@Kimbymon what sort of case or bag do you have your ski in when you ship it? Bindings on or separate? Folks are flying down to AZ from WI twice this winter and trying to figure out the best way to get my dad's gear here. I always fly with a padded wheelie bag, but I have status so the airline never gives me grief.

• Baller

No, I have not used Ship sticks.

However I just returned to Portland from Grand Rapids via United. Paid $0 for a SportTube 3 and a large work case. I don’t have Status (any longer, Dangit!). Ski equip is considered an exception - like a child seat, wheelchair, etc. - although the policy varies carrier to carrier.

TSA Gal in PDX was cheerful and happy to have my guidance getting it back together; TSA Guy in GRR was a real dick about the inspection process, but my gear returned intact. See a separate post for packing tips...

• Baller
I have used Ship Sticks several times and would recommend them. Easy to work with and easy to get a person on the phone if you have issues. Once my ski was delayed due to an ice storm and they tracked it down in the warehouse and got it out for delivery on a Saturday so I could ski on Sunday and not lose any water time. Works great when traveling for work with multiple locations and really can't drag the ski around.

• Baller
Ship Sticks report. I highly recommend this service. They picked up my ski and delivered it a day early. More impressive they called me to make sure it was picked up and they were very helpful. The support is five star. Since I had a business trip with multiple stops this was an ideal arrangement. Way better than dealing with airports and airline baggage drama.