Sunset Ski Ranch is now Valensin Ski Ranch

Shortenit

99rf0q8959tc.png

Has anyone been out there yet? Just saw that Sunset Ski Ranch outside of Sacramento has new owners but looks to be the same awesome lake and site. Now called Valensin Ski Ranch, https://valensinskiranch.com/. I loved it there, looks just as spectacular, will go back again this fall/winter and check it out. Looks like a few changes, Mastercraft boat now. And even more accommodation choices, the main house is now available to stay in, and the loft too. Apparently Paul Crawford will be coaching with Ryan Canepa and Ryan Nason doing some of the driving. I've been coached by Paul before, great coach, very insightful and down to earth. Glad that after Robby and Doug moved on it's still a premier waterski site and wasn't kept private or turned into something else.

• Baller

How do you guys in Sacramento and Bakersfield have SO MANY awesome ski lakes? I was flying in 2 weeks ago

5ep8t3bjsodg.jpeg

I can’t take a picture of a lake without accidentally getting 2 more. I’m really jealous. Not only that, the people are INCREDIBLY nice! My coworker got delayed so what was supposed to be a pedal-to-the-metal trip ended up being a 3 hour wait in Sacramento (very sadly without my ski). I wandered around over to Bell Acqua, because it’s the only place I’ve ever skied there. Mrs Kay Lee Haw didn’t act totally weirded out when some random guy from Alabama stopped to ask her about skiing there. Not only that, she gives me her husbands number, a neighbor who skis there’s number, says hey, this is my daughter Makayla, have you heard of her? Of course I’ve heard of her, if you’re on a slalom ski, I’ll follow you on Instagram. Pretty much my only criteria, and that girl Rips!

So, I get long winded, but this place is definitely on my list next time I’m out there. If the people are even half as nice as the Bell Acqua folks, everyone should go ski NorCal.

• Baller

The 2 'accidental' lakes used to be known as Stillwater Ranch. I was a member there from '00 to '03; wow, lots of great people, great skiing and great times.

Last I heard the longer lake was sold and converted to a cable park, but the other was still a membership only lake?

• Baller
@LakeOneSkier , I too was a member at Stillwater. Great place while it lasted. It is now Wake Island. They divided the big lake in two. One half is cable park. Other half has those inflatable obstacles, a zip line and paddle boards. Unfortunately the smaller lake is no longer used. I sometimes swing by, grab a beer and watch the riders crash!