Lit Pro data logger - could be cool to use!

Kwoody51

• Baller

Getting into data logging for MX and have recently picked up a LitPro data logger which the majority of the pro teams use to monitor lines, speed and lap times.

This thing does 20 samples a second and picks up speed, accel, deccel, G Force. Seems like this could be pretty interesting to see how different settings translate to different forces on the body. You could also see where/ when the ski is accelerating after the ball as well as your coast into the ball.

You can take overhead shots of the course and overlay your run onto this so you can see how your lines compare to the course. As well as compare runs to different runs to see how your data from each run compares to the next.

The major 'snag' with this device is it isn't waterproof... but it's about the size of a deck of cards so I'd think you could put it into a waterproof phone holder and attach to your jacket somehow.

Litpro website

Here's a screen shot from a recent ride. The colored line is speed and the small bars are the decel rate.

Curious what you all think! Seems like could answer some questions I've heard asked before about how fast are folks really going across the wake as well as cornering speeds as line lengths shorten.

Given I live in MN I might be willing work out a loan program if someone with some skills wants to try this out during my off season. Would just need some mutual agreement about protecting it from damage :)

zupcgn1j4l6k.jpg

• Administrators

I've been waiting for something like this to come on to the market for years but at eight hundred blucks I wouldn't pull the trigger until somebody else tests it.

Anybody looking at this needs to know that GPS has inherent problems with water. Not the hardware getting wet but actually the frequency of the signals and water do not play together.

• Baller

@Horton for this to work properly I think you'd need to put it on your vest. Do you think the water would still mess up the GPS if it was mounted ~5'+ above the water?

I don't think you'd be able to put this on your ski as they say you need to mount on your body to help dampen some of the 'noise' that would come through via the ski.

I'm happy to mail this to you if you want to give it a shot between ~Oct to March. Will just need to figure out how to keep it dry :)

• Administrators

@Kwoody51 we should for sure talk offline. Borrowing your $800 piece of electronics is not something I would take super lightly but I would love to experiment with it. The other issue is I am all Android and do not have Apple devices except for the older iPads I have for my daughter.

Please shoot me an e-mail offline

horton@ballofspray.com