2013 response question

ToddF

• Baller
Second year of the TXI. Odd one-spoke steering wheel. Good boat though. In 15 they moved the engine forward, switched to PCM motors, changed the throttle lever and steering wheel for the better. I think all of those first gen TXIs were great but 15-16 are definitely better.

• Baller
I have a 2013 TXi. Overall it has been a fantastic boat. great wake, ZO, plenty of power. For the 2011-15 I don't think there were major changes year to year. I've heard in 15 or maybe 16 about moving the engine more forward. Honestly the boat tracks well, has a great wake. Plenty of space and higher side board so less water over the bow. The steering wheel is a little strange but not a deal breaker. The throttle is very sensitive, small movements make big changes but once the skier is up and you are around the island, does it matter? It took about 2 passes to get used to it. @ToddF if you ever find yourself in the Olympia area and are interested in looking at my boat or skiing, let me know.

• Baller_
The unique single post steering wheel was explained to me as: The 'heavy on purpose design' post would act as a rudder straightener thus acting like added caster on an automobile. 2016 was the engine move, there is a thread on this site that Chad Scott discussed the effects.