Reflection

A_B

• Baller

After pulling the buoys this past weekend and looking at the glass calm cold water, that 10-years ago, I would have carved up like a kid in a candy store, but this year took a pass, I took time to look down the lake and do some reflection.

I came to the realization that this was the 35th year of taking buoys out as winter approaches.

We take the buoys out a little sooner now and get them in the water a little later each year.

It was a lake that was laying dormant after being abandoned by a Turnpike Construction Contractor that unwittingly dug it near perfect for a slalom course. Later found by me and two other crazy guys who scraped together all the money we had to bring it to life as our ski site.

The boats and skis have changed a tremendous amount over those years yet the same basic goals are still the same. Have fun, challenge yourself and your friends to get better, and teach the next generation to do the same.

A lot of dirt, stone, and obstacles have been moved and overcome.

The dedication never waivers because it can’t. If it does, it will no longer be.

One of those crazy young guys is in the fight of his life right now and not getting the upper hand. He would trade places in a heartbeat to be out at the lake and scrubbing buoys to hang in the shed.

Enjoy the moment. Take the time to savor what we do and what we sometimes take for granted.

Say a prayer.

We will all be there some day, when we can’t.

• Baller

@A_B I feel for you and your Buddy, we take things for granted and are normally way too busy to take reflection, it normally happens in those unexpected quite moments and have quite a impact, friends and loved ones are a integral part of our life, you are so right Enjoy the Moment and relish even the smallest of things in life, as we get older you start to figure out what is important and what is not.

My thoughts are with you and your Buddy, one thing you can always count on is support from the skiing community.

• Baller

I take my dog to the local nursing home on occasion to visit our older generation, who are so appreciative that someone, anyone cares about them.

It makes me feel connected and appreciative of all I have in this great life. It's easy to get complacent when you can ski everyday on your own private lake, private slalom course, drinking cold beers with your buddies, when others are less fortunate.

• Baller

Sorry to hear about your bud @KKelly.

Turning 60 has been eye opening on how precious and fragile life really is. Lots of friends and parents of friends left the planet in the past year, including my father in law. Taking care of parents and going to funeral homes has become an ever increasing part of life.