World Champion Joel Howley takes Caitlyn Jenner for a boat ride

rico

• Baller_
On the plus side and do to social media, Joel has probably done more for exposing the sport of traditional waterskiing to the general public since Hot Summer Nights. That's good ..and sad at the same time when u think about it. .

• Baller_
@markn I believe that's all just Joel's vid. What was actually being shot was some sort of promo for a TV show or something. Joel was basically just a driver of the boat. But Joel was smart enough to drop this experience on social media, use the celebrity and yes even the controversy and kept hammering 3 event skiing. Smart embasitor for the sport if you ask me. And they both looked like they had a fun time with it. No harm no foul.

• Baller

@RazorRoss3 @PUoldmaid In a world when society is screaming everything must be equal and fair. What would be fair about a man competing in a woman’s sport?

Now someone is going to say this is hateful. It’s not about hate at all. If a man wants to wear a dress and have some kind of surgery, then so be it, it’s his choice. If he wants to enjoy this sport, fine and dandy. Just don’t try to compete with the women.

• Baller
Believe it or not, other collegiate and beyond sports allow trans athletes to compete so long as they are undergoing hormone therapy at a level that isn’t deemed to level the playing field. Our sport isn’t exactly in a place where it’s smart to turn people away at the door.

• Baller_
I say leave it alone. Take the video for its face value. The other thing that impressed me about the video is neither one gave a $hit about any contraversy. Two people talking about skiing and boating. And it was all genuine. Hats off to Joel for his love of the sport, it always coming through on his videos no matter who he's with and his push to get the word out on social media. Joel is the face of our sport that is sorely needed. Water skiing is fun. Let's push that narrative to anyone willing to listen.

• Administrators
This feels like a divisive topic that is really not about water skiing. If I let this topic continue it will likely be entertaining but the topic is not what this site is about.