XTRcc and 9970cc: Two legendary shapes supercharged with revolutionary Carbon Core technology

ROBOT

• Administrators

The biggest technological leap forward water skiing has seen since the introduction of carbon fiber skis is now featured in two of the most legendary skis ever made.

GOODE’s revolutionary Carbon Core is the centerpiece of two new-for 2020 ski models: the XTRcc and the 9970cc.

The innovative Carbon Core drastically increases durability while giving it enhanced performance characteristics that can best be described as “supercharged.” The softer flex made possible by the ultra-strong core combines effortless, symmetrical turns with quicker rebound that leads to increased side-to-side speed. And the thinner profile allows the ski to ride slightly deeper in the water, creating a stable, predictable ride throughout the course.

“The ski seems to settle in, drop in and it’s fast out of the buoy so it kinda combines both worlds,” says Dave Miller. “Fast, easy yet very connected to the water and stable.”

“The carbon core ski is amazing,” adds Chet Raley. “For my money the carbon core ski is a winner in every way.”

The XTRcc and 9970cc join the first carbon-core ski in GOODE’s lineup – the ReVOcc – which was released at the 77th GOODE U.S. Water Ski National Championships last August.

“After seeing how the Carbon Core performed in the ReVOcc, we knew we were really on to something that was going to move this sport forward and help skiers get more buoys,” said Dave Goode, president and founder of GOODE Skis. “This new core technology takes skis that were already very, very good to a whole new level.”

• Baller

The Revo is a solid improvement to the Revolution. Familiar overall feel but more forgiving without feeling slower. I think Revo vs XTR will be a skiers choice. I run the same scores on both of them. XTR is slower and a bit more work side to side but even more forgiving.

What I have yet to try is the XTRcc and looking forward to that.

• Baller

The Revo vs XTR choice seems to depend on the skier. I tried the Revo and could never feel comfortable on it or ski as consistently as I do with the XTR. Whats works for one doesn't likely mean anything to others.

I use to ski on a ICONN and loved it, most skier did not like it all, comments were too much work (same as some comments on the XTR). I never understood that comment, or that concept, I am willing to do the work if the ski will get me headed in the right direction. I can rest when my set is over.

• Baller
Agreed on the inserts, weakest point on the skis... I have ski'd on both the Revocc and the 9970cc, previously on the Rev6 for several years and had tried but then came off the Revolution, back to Rev6. I run mid way through 38 off. The 9970CC is a terrific ski, a definite keeper. Some skis feel great right away then go away from me after a week or two. Not this, it is getting better and better as familiarity builds, about 4 weeks now. My 35s are better than ever and my %pass rate is definitely higher, when I have shortened to 38 off I have been to 5 ball in good shape, just got over excited and pulled long... so it is fast with moderate effort, rides deep and feels very secure, edges outbound exceptionally, has very easy tip tail balance, has transformed my poor on side turn 2 4 6, as I am earlier arriving in the pre turn and better balanced over my feet. It is much earlier in the course at 1 ball and I keep that all the way through. I can move the ski out earlier into my off side and arrive more slowly at 1 3 and 5, turning more at will than turning when I have slowed the ski down enough! Then holding edge a little longer to my onside and making sharper radius turns from an early wide balanced position.. I love the ski and really reccomend folks give it a go!!