Cysts on the Palm?

dude

This past summer I developed fast-growing cysts on the palm of one hand along the tendons of my middle and ring fingers. They are under the skin and not callouses. My doctor (who is really young and did not appear confident) diagnosed it to be Dupuytren's Disease and said my fingers would slowly bend/contract over time but in the meantime he said "nothing to worry about" !! He said it had nothing to do with water skiing and was only caused by genetics.

I am going to get a second opinion from a hand clinic but I want to give the next doctor all of the info I can find. Thus, I decided to reach out to you skiers to see if anyone else has had a similar occurrence. I read online that some gymnasts and tennis players develop cysts on the finger tendons due to overuse. Those cysts have to be removed surgically. Seems like skiing may do the same to the tendons. I have been skiing for 25 years and until the past past few years I skied incorrectly and took a lot of slack hits from the boat over the years. I can't help but think that is related.

Thanks for any info you can provide.