Must do winter ski vacations.

BraceMaker

• Baller
Depending on age and your shape it can be. A serious off season workout schedule really helps. One of the biggest problems are your hands. The water is very warm and I've seen peoples hands toast after 3 days, so bad they have to stop skiing. Gordon has Clinchers on hand that has allowed people to keep skiing. Do what ever you can to keep your hands toughened up. I did pull-ups with a handle attached to the wall and no gloves. The best solution is to not go crazy on the first couple days, easier said than done after not skiing for a couple of months. One word of caution, if you get a blister on your hands don't let anyone around you with a lemon!

• Baller
The last time I went to Paradise I was in my mid-50's and skied the whole week with no problem. First couple days only 2 sets and after that 3. Another cool thing Gordon does is having a couple massage therapist show up at the ski site in the afternoon at the conclusion of skiing. Sun is not a big problem as there is a great palapa at the ski site that provides wonderful shade.

• Baller

TE WakeNSki outside of Bangkok

Boca Laguna on Lake Chapala, south of Guadalajara

Haven't been but want to try EntreDosAguas north of Acapulco

For me, in the dead of winter, I'm just trying to get some time on the water, meaning (a) I'm probably not in good enough ski shape to take more than 1-2 sets (am I ever!?), and (b) coaching will probably be lost on me, because my consistency will be off (hard to work on a moving target).