Liner education required

wettek69

• Baller

Gidday guys.

I'm more than likely going to get a new Radar Pulse boot, which comes with the removable Intuition liner. Never having used a liner style boot, and not knowing anyone who uses one, I am hoping you can give me some advice

1. If I eject out of my ski, does the liner generally stay on my foot?

2. Do they float? Would hate to eject out, have a liner come off, then watch it sink 2 feet from me

3. Is it easy enough to jam your foot with liner on back in your boot while in the water, or is it necessary to be on a swim platform, put the liner back in the boot, then put your foot back in?

Sorry for the (dumb) questions, would just like to know before I do anything stupid.

Thanks to all.

• Baller
Liner comes out with your foot in it. Ive taken some falls with the vapor binding and the liner has never come off my foot, I’m assuming the pulse is a similar design. It does float though so I wouldn’t be worried about losing it. It would be real tough to put the liner back in and put it on properly in the water vs being on the platform provided it’s the right size for you.

• Baller

In an RS1 with an Intuition liner on my slalom ski for several years, I was 50/50 liner ejecting or foot only (liner stayed with the ski and boot). The liner floats well and sometimes came off my foot after ejecting from the shell. Pulse might be different. Your foot might be different. Not a big deal either way.

I never could get in a binding in the water. Always a swim step for me.

Eric

• Baller

Thanks guys, appreciate all the feedback. With the liner still on your foot, no problems jamming it back in your boot while still in the water? Which brings me to another question, putting it on initially, pull it out of your boot, put the liner on your foot, then jam it all back in, or put the liner in the boot, and jam your foot into the liner/boot?

I very rarely get out of the water to put a ski back on, pretty much always just put it back on while the boat is dragging the rope back round, hence all my questions about putting a liner/boot setup on while in the water

Again, apologies for the questions.

• Baller

@wettek69 - looks like you have an outboard so probably not as convenient to get up and put a ski on using the platform.

Liners are a bit tough to get into wet in the water, not that it cannot be done but with these systems you usually have to loosen the laces fully and then use both hands to open the wet liner up and wiggle in (usually with a horrible squelch noise) which is why the liners usually come out of the boot but stay on your foot. It is significantly easier to get into a dry liner than a wet one which is why I sometimes leave my hardshell on between sets.