Distance From Center - Episode 33 ( The skiers we would go back in time to watch )

Horton

• Baller

Fun to watch, Thank Horton! I just spent some time talking old skool skiing with KLP & Bob on New Years eve 2020 in Tahoe. Talked about 66 & Leroy Burnett, KLP says he was the prettiest skier. Talked about KLP beating Bruce Fink at the 73 Nats in a fierce rain storm. I can go back and watch video of a lot of the 80's 90's 00's but to watch some real high quality video of the old skool skiing would be fun. Best comp I ever saw was multiple run off in 93 or 94 Destin FL between a very young CP & Jeff Rodgers on a Goode 9100 with duct tape over the goode. Ran 39' literally into the dark multiple times

with them finally deciding to just run through straight down the course for a zero score a co National Champs EPIC!

• Baller
You touched on some great ones - Hazelwood vs Duvall in the 87 Worlds in England was epic. Watching Pickos score over 10,000 with one flip was amazing. I also would have been at Moomba when Thurlow jumped 202' to break the 200 barrier and would have liked to see Ricky McCormick do his tricks off the ramp like they used to do while competing with the likes of Grimdich and Lucky Lowe in all 3 events. Lastly, not too long ago, but I'd love to have been at the site when Freddy ski flew 312'.

• Baller
Loved the mention of Patrice Martin. I always thought of him as that skinny blond kid that always was going back and forth with Cory Picos for the trick record, the all of a sudden he was grown up guy who could slalom and jump....holy cow, a 6 time world champion!

• Baller
Kirtons Farm Jump Classic (Reading UK) . Early/mid 80's, head to Head with Sammy Duvall jumping around 194' in torrential rain to win his round. longest jump in the tournament I I hink. Crowd (remember those?) wanting for rain to stop for him 1st. Judges saying no. No complaint from Sammy, just got on with it but cant remember who against though - anyone else who remembers?