Awesome Athlete Action Pics

jimbrake

• Baller

vevcbdrh5f83.jpg

I just came across this awesome shot of french alpine slalom star Clement Noel from the Madonna di Campiglio slalom night before last. His form is just so perfect in this shot. I love shots of any elite, world class athlete doing their thing. I just had to share. Thought I'd start an off topic thread.

• Baller

7n1r15m6vrea.jpeg

Try putting 100 pounds of gear on, go into a burning building where it’s 800 degrees and work as hard as you can for 20 minutes or until your air supply runs out...I would post pictures but they don’t turn out when you can’t see your hand in front of your face due to the smoke...

That takes more athleticism than any of the pictures posted above...

Personal risk, personal property and human life can be on the line in this line of work...it’s not a sport, but I am an athlete. And I do it for nothing...not paid, no compensation. I do it because I’m good at it and it’s a challenge. Same reason I try to ski around floaty things behind a boat (which I suck at).

In this pic Im 110 feet in the air working a large structure fire, spent 2+ hours on the end of the stick.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming....

• Baller

@adkh2oskier - that is an awesome pic of Ted. He was absolutely the man for several years. Wish he could get it back.

@Jetsetr - ??? well, yeah, most definitely being a firefighter is a hell of a hard job. I guess being most any first-responder or military personnel in harms way is putting way more on the line than any form of athletics. I only posted the pics of athletes for consideration within the realm of athletics. I wouldn't hold an athlete in higher esteem than I would you for what you do.

• Baller

@Jetsetr yes exhilarating and glad you take condtioning serious, it's good knowing one can stretch a bottle farther than planned and get your team out. It can be quite a privilege to the that part of Americana.

Likely others here serve/d as well. did that 10 yrs, Lt, fire instructor 1, fast, etc

Would have done longer but loosing family and 80% of my shit to cheating narcs the service seems to attract and justify their poor behavior with their service, not pleasant topic just watch your back man, it's everywhere.

• Baller

I actually think all the skiers (snow and water ) pics are truly awesome...keep them coming...

I honestly also think that SOMETIMES everyone (including me) forgets what’s truly important...

Hug your wife, your kids, pet the dog or cat...

Watch the sunrise/sunset

Help someone less fortunate than you

Give back some way, some how

Live everyday as if it’s your last, go to bed thinking you will live forever....

• Baller
@jimbrake Don't feel bad about your skiing, James is the funnest chill guy to ski with anytime, But he can drop major lines! Goggle his name on Youtube and watch a few lines he has skied in Movies! Check out another local boy named Sam Kuch....Next one.....

• Baller_

These guys are pretty good athletes:

1sk4a2jitxbz.png

IIRC - they consistently did extremely well at the old ABC athlete competition where multi discipline athletes competed across a wide range of sports.

All the pics are really awesome, fun thread.

• Baller

This guy was the GOAT. And when he won (and that was a lot) he was going to show you the drain plug going over the finish line. It was fun to watch him race at both the Atlanta SX and Daytona SX. I also got to see him live at Budds Creek, MD for an outdoor national. 0rbcudmk5mtm.jpg