1990 Supra that's really clean and going to be for sale soon

RichardDoane

• Baller_

One of my customers has a very nice 1990 Supra that he has taken very good car of. He asked me to take a look at it today because it had developed a little bit of a wobble and he was worried about the under water gear. We found that the prop just needed a good tightening. I sent it home with his nephew because he's not ready to sell it yet, but will be in a few months. Before I go to the work of a Ski-it-again listing, or ebay, I thought that I'd post a couple of pictures and see if any Ballers were interested, or knew of anyone else that might be. Send me a PM if you, or someone you know wants a clean "old school" slalom tug. Thanks in advance. Also wondering what price this thing might bring. Located in Seattle WA.

gimsbjglyqvs.jpg

kr8ruhye58s6.jpg

nyyaa8keg9k1.jpg

• Baller
Awesome boat! I had an 89 that looked a lot like that but with “raspberry” pin striping. 16 awesome summers with that boat. Sold it in 2006 for $6500 with double the hours and in need of some interior freshening. Pretty sure the kid who’s parents bought it put it on some rocks within a year.

• Baller_

My wife and I had that exact boat. Same year, same color. The only difference I see is that our boat cooler Had more of a maroon base. The one in the photo is a better match for the boat. It was one sharp looking boat for the time. And it was our wedding present to each other.

I’ve traded several times since then. Boats, not wives.

Lpskier

• Baller_
I put over 1200 hours on one. Loved it. WS Magazine rated it as one of the best used boats to own along side the 92-94 MC and 97-01 SN. That’s impressive company. Someone will get a killer boat.

• Baller

In the last two weeks my cousin and my buddy both just sold boats locally on CL for full asking price in a similar price range. The boats were gone the same day the ad went up with multiple back-up offers in case the deal fell through. I've personally never had a problem selling big-ticket items on CL but I get that there are some BS scammers out there. I sold my travel trailer during the start of the lock-down in two days for nearly full asking price.

YMMV

• Baller

@RichardDoane

I totally understand the Craiglist problems but,myself,i would never buy a boat on EBay either.

Reality is,used boat market in on Craiglist.Would sell quickly IMO.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
I’ve never had a problem with craigslist. Bought and sold several cars, boats, etc. You need to know that there are scam artists, “I’ll give you a certified cashiers check, etc.”. As with all things I do business face to face. Never been scammed. Yet.

• Baller
@RichardDoane I have bought/sold many boats the last few yrs and have had good luck with craigslist and also the boat websites.If your boat were on my lift in MN I would sell it really quick and a very good price.Boats in MN command a high price and thats why I buy elsewhere and sell here.I had a 1989 Supra TS6M that now sits in a garage and is still mint condition however not being used.I have tried to convince the owner to sell it however no luck.They are great boats.....