Disney Moment? Small world; Wiremill UK

mfjaegersr

• Baller

Holy Fish N Chips Flashback!?

Putting in the cardio work just now, watching randomly-offered ski content on YouTube....when a 2017 UK tournament appears on screen. Wait...where’s this?!?

Wiremill...NewCastle...?! Well slap my arse and call me Fergie...turns out THAT’s the pond I skied in 1988 while working an assignment in London. My colleagues arranged a farewell party at Wiremill to send me off (and I think too, as a last ditch effort to convince me to stay). Somewhere I have a VHS tape, in PAL format?‍♂️, of the event including plenty of first-timers loving the experience of what we’re all so giddy about.

Shout out to any Wiremill folks here on BoS!

• Baller

My wife and I were members when I was working in London 2000-2001, great memories. It was an eight ball course then, now the lake is lengthened so a six ball course works. Very nice setting with the pub in one end. To become members we had to prove we were keen skiers, the proof was skiing every Saturday over winter (we passed the test).... I did a brief visit in August when I was in UK for work. Met the club chairman Steve Sopp by the lake, had a nice chat. Pics from August-19o1nz9d4x13ev.jpg

x25azq6953dt.jpg