Moomba news

Horton

• Baller
Yeah no skiing happened Thursday which was the second round for juniors - they've made the call the cancel round 2 which means results from rd1 are the final podiums. They are still trying to get the course back into shape today - hopefully will be back soon - was suppose to be now but the live stream still isn't up which isn't a good sign.

• Baller

Ok, I admit to being a rookie, but I was just looking at some of the videos. I've heard of night jumping, but have never heard of night slalom. Seems to me that would be pretty tough, as in no fun. Tho I did recently see a picture of a course with the balls lit up. That would be kind of fun to try.

• Baller
Have not seen men’s slalom vid but should be posted shortly. There will be no trick video footage from series 2, it was ran upriver away from the cameras. Crazy weather Moomba but awesome. Juniors was ran like our Nationals, one and done due to the delays. The officials and workers are incredible!

• Baller
@75Tique do you have any info on the lighted balls? The Wednesday night crew would like to try some night skiing at Bow lake and have talked about balls that are lighted. Anyone else with info about lighted balls? Thanks

• Baller

@cougfan Sorry, no idea. Just a photo I saw over on FB "waterski hub" Maybe you could reach out to the poster and get some info. Looks like fun, doesnt it? New to me but I am guessing folks around here must know about Redwood Shores.

5mjrk42dmltg.jpg

• Baller

@TEL thanks for the info. Watched the video explaining the balls look really cool. Don’t know if the owner of our lake will spring for them. @LoopSki like your idea it seems to fit more with the theme of the Wednesday night crew. We just may have to redneck something together like that.

@75Tique really cool picture! I will try to reach out to the poster to get some more info.

Looks like another project for @Rednucleus myself and the other 2 members of the Wednesday night crew ?

• Baller

Holy Flipping Upsets!!! Freddie and Will are out of the top 8... It’s Moomba, it’s the Ybarra, it’s crazy sh!t.

edit: I watched the replay and heard JT talking about the wind & current being more of an issue than normal.