71" Senate Lithium

A_B

• Baller
@Mortyski I have a Sanitized 69 Lithium Senate (COVID-19 free) and my wife’s Apple Pie, you will need to get ice cream, and I will even throw in her ancient family recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage.

• Baller

@DaveD Thanks for the comment....the USA and Canada can use a little humour right about now. I actually do spend a lot of time in international work but sadly the negotiations are not over donuts or stuffed cabbage. @A_B have you thought about the Senate Pro or played with the Whisper Fin or the Denali fins yet?

• Baller

@JayG80 I have the Fin Whispering book too (autographed) ....my son skis at Predator Bay and Jay is there from time to time so we get a chance to talk to him. He suggested a two fin set up for me. My prized 71 inch Lithium Senate is in Montana and I'm in Calgary so it's difficult to get a photo for you at this time. The second fin seems to support my fully grown size. I've seen @A_B ski and he can rip so I suspect he wants the 71 inch version for some slower deep line passes, which is why I asked him if he had played with the aftermarket fins that people are talking about. I'm sure the second fin doesn't impact the turning that much but supports the weight better. I have not tried the Whisper Fin but my son has.

• Baller

I have a Denali fin and have modified my stock fins for RFF relief ports, even bent a wing, but didn't notice that much from it. I like the relief ports on a standard fin though. Made the offside turn finish better. I have a new 2020 Lithium Senate on the way.

I could sell the 69" 2016 Lithium Senate if anyone is looking. That would leave me with the 2019 Pro Build 69" and the 2020 71" Lithium, not a bad bunch to pick from. :)

• Baller

@mortyski I have one fin on my ski with 2 wings on that single fin. One wing is set at zero wing angle and positioned 1/2 inch below the bottom of the ski. This wing is forward (towards the leading edge) on the fin.

The other wing is in the normal location on the fin

• Baller
Ok all you big boys @SkiJay was very kind to respond to my question about Whisper Fin and double wings. He sent me this photo indicating great success with this set up. I’m looking forward to trying it this summer if I can get to Montana to get my ski. Anyone one who makes the sawed off front wing?

• Baller
Here's a picture of how to mount a ventral on the WhisperFin. The red circle is the critical part. If you mounted a second wing with its leading edge in the same place, you'd not affect the performance properties of the WhisperFin.

• Baller
@ballsohard with two wings the ski glided better and did not stall or lose elevation at the turn apex. The two wings did not seem to hinder the turn ability of the ski. You don’t need a lot of angle on the back wing so keep it quite neutral. I’ve asked @SkiJay a lot of questions about big guys on Whisper fins. He has been kind enough to give me details and permission to share the information. Stay tuned

@Mortyski, I'm a big skier (250#) looking for a new ski and found this thread when I searched for 71 inch Lithium Senate. Do you think the 71 Senate is large enough for a guy my size? Currently ski on a 71 inch HO Triumph. Also interested in what you've learned about the two fin setup, I've never heard of that before.