What you building while holed up?

Jody_Seal

• Supporting Member

Update: I've managed to make 13 face shields so far, and my neighbor has put them into use with good results!

I'm hoping to be "put out of business" when a few industrial efforts that are underway ramp up to making millions of shields. But in the meantime, it's satisfying to make my tiny contribution.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

my combing pads' backing plywood had about had it,

After some internal deliberation, applied this Chinesium EVA, for about 80 bucks

Should gain 1.5" of interior width

Hopefully it wont be a puddle on the floor in the summer heat

Ground around the log, due to a persistent weeping leak, applied a layer of glass with totalboat epoxy with some silica thickener and a few drops of black dye. getting there

h7c8m6cpq4ka.jpg

p5k5bfz6yjy8.jpg

2w156wnfcmnk.jpg

• Baller
@ReallyGottaSki - I have to do that on the family's old boat too one of these summers. Luckily it lives on a lift so it doesn't get too wet. Unluckily - I had the mufflers out 2 seasons ago and they don't need to come out again for any purpose.

• Baller

My project of reseeding my lawn has now paid dividends. Started this project back in mid April and now it looks like a lawn again. Soon I will be mowing it again. Thanks to a wet cool spring I didn’t have to water it once?12mveg7a7e8j.jpeg

7w4sj60azfg7.jpeg

ry8ecvll679h.jpeg

3oqoguqtai5j.jpeg

• Baller
@cacman Thats a nice setup. One of my neighbors had a similar one for his 1947 Gar Wood. Being a mahogany boat he had refinish and maintain the wood frequently. Sadly the new owner of the home removed the track.

• Baller

Earlier in the thread (a couple months ago) I posted pics of the raw wood just starting....here is finished product. TV/equipment stand made from walnut with mahogany door and side panels, and mahogany edge inlay on top, and mahogany corner splines on doors and drawer fronts.

dnf5q3jyvjcv.jpg

csxanmwdrxnn.jpg

qrlmodviykpz.jpg

c98oqz5pyft5.jpg

byr4dq32jsyx.jpg

8todfqssnl46.jpg

• Baller

Beautiful craftmanship! Lot of attention to details,congrats!

Is there a cooling fan for the right side? Seems it could get hot in there with all components stack on top of each other...?

How many hours do you estimate for the tv stand alone?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@Andre Thanks.... I'm actually not 100% done on the TV stand. There will be a removable back panel (held with magnetic catches,) but haven't done that yet, so at this point there is lots of ventilation. With the back in place there will still be passive ventilation (holes on the bottom, and vent slots at top of back panel.) After that panel is in place I will see how warm things get and add a fan if needed. I have a home theater installation business, and related custom furniture/built-ins has grown out from there. I have some thermostatically controlled fans I can add if needed.

I should have tracked the hours. It stretched out a bit. If I put 8 hours a day into it I would guess it would have taken a good week. Lots of glue-ups and joinery....takes time.