Nice Vintage Connelly Comp for sale cheap on eBay right now

DangerBoy

• Baller

This vintage Connelly Hook is going to sell for at least $190 USD on eBay today.

https://ebay.com/itm/275063791049

It's a pretty nice one, in pretty decent condition except for that one handle ding near the tip. It's also a pretty rare one having the rounded tip (both the Hooks and Comps almost always had blunted tips). It's also fairly rare/unusual because it has an upper veneer sheet on the bottom of the ski. The reason I know this is because I contacted Connelly about a very similar (but mint condition) 67" Hook that I own which also has a rounded tip and a very unusual and much fancier than normal bottom veneer. I was wondering if they could tell me what year it was made because of its unusual rounded tip. The nice folks at Connelly were kind enough to put me in touch with a retired employee who used to work in the factory back in the 70s when they were making those beautiful inlaid mahogany skis. He told me my ski had a top veneer sheet on the bottom and that they only did that when they ran out of bottom veneers (which are much more plain looking than top veneers) so they just used a top veneer on the bottom in order to keep the assembly line going. He also said it didn't happen very often when they had to do that so between the unusual/rare rounded tip and the the top veneer sheet used on the bottom, that ski is a pretty rare and unusual specimen. I wonder if the bidder knows this.