Experience with Radar Vapor Pro vs. Senate Pro

Anderson

• Baller

I'm just starting my 3rd season skiing the course this year (but was an open water skier for 12 years before that). I ski at 32 and 34 mph. My PB is 6 balls at 28-off, 34 mph. I'm not very consistent. On a good pass, 28 is easy, and the next pass is a complete goat rodeo. I'm working on stacked position and handle control. Last season I was skiing on a 2019 Vapor Pro but many posts here made me wonder if I shouldn't be skiing on a Senate Pro given my skill level (or lack thereof as I work on fundamentals). I picked up a new (old stock) 2019 Senate Pro Build last week, and using Trent F's short/deep fin settings gave it a try yesterday morning. I know many other beginner/intermediate course skiers have raised the question about Vapor Pro vs. Senate Pro so I thought I would share my experience after just a couple of sets. Also, please note this is a 2019 comparison (not the 2020 models). Here is was I experienced with my two first sets (and I only started my season 4 sets ago):

1) The Senate feels fast, but not as fast as the Vapor to me. When I mess up on the Vapor, I can stomp on it and make up ground. Couldn't do that with the Senate as easily; but...

2) The biggest different was my turns/link up -- which are much more consistent on the Senate. To be honest, I'm usually about 50/50 on link-up and getting good angle on my Vapor Pro (vs. a bobbled turn), but more like 75-80% good turn and angle with the Senate Pro

3) Consistent turns allowed me to get good angle more often, which means smoother passes

4) Smoother passes allowed me to cruise through 22-off and I made 3 of the 5 28-off passes I tried. That is better than usual for me, especially at the start of the season.

5) For me, I'm going to stick with the Senate for now -- with more consistent turns/angle I'm not skiing "with my hair on fire" and it is easier for me to work on the basics of getting stacked and managing handle control.

I hope this is helpful to other "hackers" out there. Be safe and have a great ski season

• Baller
For me I went from a 16 Vapor Pro to a 19 Senate and had similar experience. Vapor definitely got side to side faster but the performance envelope for me is wider on the Senate. Fewer bungled turns on the Senate for sure.

• Baller

Interesting, have a 20 Senate Pro and was thinking of going the other way, to a Vapor Pro. Not unhappy with the Senpro just been on a Senate for a while and wonder if I’m missing something. Would test first of course.