Syndicate Omega/Alpha/Pro

jenksski

• Baller

Picked up a 67 Syndicate Pro based on the performance/style description of the Syndicate website. Have not skied the Omega or the Alpha. My style, if you can call it a style, is simply grip it and rip it...yard sale waiiting to happen. I lean long and turn hard.

The Pro shuts down when outbound much more than I have been used to. Seemed to have a ton of tip pressure, particularly going to the off-side. I initially adjusted to the additional pressure by trying to keep weight back....too inconsistent Then began adjusting the ski for my "style". Moved binders back from 30 inches to 29 1/2, shallowed the fin, took out length and with the help of Jon T., increased DFT even more.

After the adjustments, the ski rips. Creates tons of space, rides deep and you can crank this ski and it will hold cross course direction. Ski is very consistent and the more you trust it, the better it is. I do think you can adjust the settings for just about any style, but for really aggressive skiers, think it works exceedingly well.

I am 6' 2", weigh 185 lb. ski @ 34 mph and even at 64 in early April, taking a few peeks at 39.

I know Swiss and Travers have demo skis with team members (Benny and Jon) to help with set up.

Lastly, the build quality and finish is outstanding.

Hope that helps....and stay healthy.

• Baller
Update to the thread. Broke my 67 Pro 2 days ago. Pretty darn cool HO is replacing the ski. They unfortunately were out of Pros and offered me an Alpha or Omega or wait for 6 weeks and get a 2021 Pro. Again, really great support from HO. Chose to go with the Omega. While the ski ships, Performance Ski and Surf provided me a demo Omega albeit a 66. (thanks Bill!) Checked all the settings to stock except wing at 7 degrees rather than 9. The Omega seems a little more forgiving, predicatble and seems to require less effort side to side. In addition, the ski seems to carry more speed into the turn as it seems to "shut down" more slowly than the Pro. Creates angle at the finish of the turn and maintains it past the second wake outbound. I think a 67 would be slightly faster and provide more tip support, but really like this ski. Shadowed the buoys on the first pass just to feel the ski. 34 mph went 2 x 28, 2 x 32, 2 x 35, 38 on the first try. In that I move to men 7 in a week, I tried it at 32 mph. Again, this was a 66 and @32 mph and 185 lbs., believe a 67 would be better. Ran 32, 35, 38, 2.5 @39, then 39. Again, this was with stock settings. As much as I liked the Pro, I actually like the Omega better. Tight, quick turns, less effort, forgiving and predictable. Love the off side turn. Will need some adjustment for the on-side, but wow, HO makes some darn good skis.

• Baller

@savaiusini If skiing 32 mph and deep 35 off, Omega or Omni? Sounds like the Omega has some of the S1 bones of yester year. I had an S1 and liked it, although many did not. But this is the first year for me at 32 mph, so.....thinking.

• Baller

Have been on my Syndicate Omega for about 2 months. Was riding it on stock settings and really liked the ski. Made some adjustments to the fin about 2 weeks ago (shallower and slightly longer LE) and WOW..love the ski. It is faster, even more predictable, off-side was good, but with the recent fin changes it is awesome. Great on side as well. Having ridden the Pro, I would say both are great skis. The Omega seems to generate more speed and space with slightly less effort, at least for me. I am on a 67, weigh 185 and am 6' 2" @ 34 mph.

• Baller

@coach3 yes, 66" based on the above.

Each ski has a unique set of flex numbers and there's naturally a little bit of variance from one to the next, within a tolerance. Ask your dealer to tell you what flex numbers they have available and pick the one you want. Or if your dealer has to order it from us, you can put them in touch with me and I can pick you out a ski based on what we have in the stack.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations