Difference in High end Skis

DRski

I know there are a lot of reviews on here on individual skis, but there isnt much conversation on the differences of the high end skis. In particular Id like to know what people think about Radar Vapor pro vs HO omega vs D3 vs Denali vs Goode. Has anyone skiied all of them and can give unbiased feedback on what they think the differences are?

• Baller
Everyone skis differently there is no way that if someone did ski them all you would like what they like. With a boot placement change and/or fin tuning you change how it skis. You have to try them or it"s a crapshoot

• Supporting Member

There's no such thing as unbiased feedback.

Horton very purposely does NOT compare skis directly to each other. I'm not sure how much of that is that it's bad for his business vs. it ultimately doesn't make that much sense. He focuses on what each ski does and doesn't do well. But it's very easy to read between the lines and see his personal excitement level. Still, even that may or may not correspond to a ski that works for you.

• Baller_

What are you looking for in terms of characteristics?

Do you want a wide range of stability and forgiveness, possibly at the price of cross course speed?

Do you want a ski that pushes the boundaries and rewards you well for riding it absolutely correctly, but may hinder you otherwise?

What does your technique favor - slamming a turn and battling it out or doing all the work from whitewash to whitewash?

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
imo...there are some differences, most of them subtle. Set up matters more. Most importantly the skier needs to take time to adapt to a new ski. That’s the thing, more of a journey than a destination.

• Baller

I would say radar has the best customer service there is along with support from there pro team of skiers and staff

You can’t go wrong They build a great ski

I like how stable and fast the pro built is

Ave skied the latest Goode, D3, and KD