Svfara SV 609

Spuddy

• Baller

Looking to getyfdcl2886ltk.png

any feedback on this boat. I’ve skied the closed deck model and found it was quite good but just found an open bow model and looking for any feedback on wake, handling, any issues etc thank you in advance.

• Baller
I've skied the sv609 open bow hull a bit. Did plenty of wakeboarding behind it. Ski wake is nothing noteworthy. Average in the segment at best. The good news is the mercruiser engine should have plenty of parts availability unlike the boat itself. A family member has had one since new (early 2000s) and can't complain about the overall longevity and maintenance. YMMV

• Baller

I test drove one in 2002.

At that time, my Dad and I drove down 7 hours to go check it out, and we had hype that this was going to be awesome. We were very excited, it was a cool looking boat, and it had crossover capabilities.

After the test drive, my Dad and I drove back to the hotel in silence.

It had a horrible ride, the driver seating position and driving focus was uncomfortable, and the boat just overall was awkward.

If you can find a top 3 tier boat for the same price, I would suggest that course of action. Plus there is a lot more help online for those 3 manufacturers of boats if any issues come up.

To continue the back story, we ended up with a 2003 Malibu Sunsetter LXI which I will be de-winterizing in about 3 weeks. :)

• Baller
Good day Spuddy. I actually own a 2005, in the exact same colours that you show here. It has perfect pass from the factory and we have upgraded since to the Stargazer GPS system. We course ski almost exclusively from 28 mph for some to shoreline at 36 for my son. We have owners the boat forthe past 8 years and love it. There are a bunch of reviews you can find online from when Waterski magazine did their annual reviews. Note, the big 3 will definitely have a better wake. If you can get one of them for the same price, I'd go that way. For me, I wanted to save some money, and have not regretted it. If you are a hard core shortline skier, go the big 3 route. If you course ski and also do other activities, this is a great crossover boat. Good luck in your search.

• Baller
Hey Spuddy always great looking at boats. I’ve spend many hours in motoxr’s boat and largely agree with him. I do feel it is along way behind my 2001 Malibu response. His Svfara really kicks up onto its side when turning around a the end of the coarse ( Malibu and mastercraft do not). Tracking is also very poor below 32mph and if you like to do your own maintenance it’s a hard motor package to work on. Saying that I enjoy skiing behind his boat but I would check out some 2001 or 2002 responses great wake and a much better boat at the right price.