Stokes vs. Camaro or ?

PatM

• Baller
Looking to get a new wetsuit. I have a Blacktec that is getting old. Wondering if the Stokes Pro 2MM with the 3/4 legs are a warm enough option for this time of year (New England weater - air 55 water 50)? Or should I just get another Blacktec? Or does anyone have another option (i.e. the new HO wetsuit)?

• Baller
Can't comment on the full suit version, but the new HO heater top in the current Wisconsin high 50's air low 50's water has been really good. Making me really think about getting a full suit.

• Baller
I used my Stokes 3/4 leg this weekend - air 65ish, water 55ish. It was chilly but doable when the sun was out. It's a great option to bridge the gap between drysuit and heater top.

• Baller

@"Pat M" I have the 1/2 length Stokes super pro wet suit my son has one as well and one of my ski partners @Rednucleus has the 3/4 length . They are extremely thin but warm! Way more durable than the Camaro. One of my other ski partners has a Balcktec that is only 1 year old and already has several holes in it from normal use. My other ski partner has a 1/2 length Camaro that had zipper issues right from the beginning. I also have a Stokes Nitro vest.

Get the Stokes wetsuit you won’t be disappointed. They make great products have great customer service and support this site like @Horton says

• Baller_
The Stokes is a durable & comfortable suit. This time of year I need a thicker full suit to ski. Saturday water was 61 and 1st day out of dry suit for me. Used my full Oneill. I will be back in the Stokes when things are pushing 70. On the other side, I saw someone skiing 2 weeks ago w/o any neoprene while I was in a dry suit - his skin was pretty red when done but he was not complaining. I just got a second Stokes 3/4 at last weeks sale just because I couldn't pass up the sweet deal for a very nice suit. I also picked up an Evo vest. Stokes makes great products and provide great customer support.

• Baller

Stokes! I had a Camaro, too. The Camaro is warm for sure, but without trying to disparage the quality/durability is nothing like the Stokes--I've had both. Wetsuits and vests are fantastic. Both my daughter and I run Stokes vests and wetsuits. I've also had Eagle vests and I'd say again the STokes quality and fit are amazing.

Go up a size if near the border...they are very form fitting.

• Baller_

@"Pat M" its hard to go wrong with any of the modern suits. You may also consider the O'Neill psycho 3/2 suits. I got one earlier this year to replace a dying drysuit and its great.

Granted I’m much farther south but I hate skiing cold :)

But......if all else is equal, by all means support the BOS sponsors.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
Had a Camaro titanium that i proceded to lose (yes lost it) after a few uses. Loved it. Replaced with Camaro shorts and shirt. Nice but not the same. Just bought a 3/4 Stokes after i saw the sale here. Will arrive this week. Water still 55ish here...but with this wind daily couldn't ski anyway...

• Baller

@Pat M. I live in CT and have been skiing since mid April down to 53 deg water temps. I love my Stokes 3/4. I have a like new Large for sale. $165

I used it a couple times and went to the medium. Perfect for early Spring in CT and chilly fall mornings into late October. Fit is unbelievable. Let me know if interested.

I also have the Stokes shorty with long sleeves. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. Camaro is nice but always worried about ripping it not as durable

• Baller

@"Pat M" - fellow MA skier here, I started skiing on 3/28 and use a high end ripcurl 4/3 full suit, works great for mornings like tomorrow where it will be 45 degree air and 50 degree water. I use the full until it warms up enough to transition to a shortie.

I have had a Camaro blacktec as well but it doesn’t cut it (for me) in April & November as I can feel the cold penetrating the suit while sitting in the water.