how is Pickos ski school?

6balls

• Baller

I of course know of the legendary trick skiing from Pickos and his son. What is the ski school like? How do you get sets? A buddy of mine will be in the area end of this month and wants to bring his ski (no, not his trick ski! His slalom ski)

Any knowledge/experience appreciated.

• Baller
Been for a fall tournament, as well as multiple spring visits for sets. Everything’s great, and located in my favorite area of Florida. I hated hearing about the fires in the area this week. I wondered about Pickos’s. I’m glad to hear they’re doing well.

• Baller
My 9 yr old son learned to ski on one ski there and we had a great time last spring. We were going for our second trip this year until covid. It's a great 3 lake site, everyone's very friendly, and good for pros and joe's alike. Ski set rates are good too. Lots of great beaches, and various other things to do in the area. Only problem is flying there - it's nowhere near a hub so is a bit tough to get to. Overall highly recommended.

• Baller

My youngest daughter, now 20 yrs old, has been there a couple times for a week at a time. A few times I rode in the boat. Cory is a great guy. Funny. Quick witted. A bit more subdued than loud. Seen everything on water. Has the psychology down as much as the technical skills. And I'd say for her skill, was equally good at slalom (consistent 28' off) as he was with trick (~2,000 pts).

The drivers are very observant. So while not shouting instructions, they mumbled under their breath their observations to the coach (Cory) which seemed spot on. And while I was disappointed initially when she got a coach other than Cory, each turned out to be great. With a specific shout-out to Dane Mechler.