2020 Vapor Pro vs HO Omega?

• Baller

Hey Guys,

Greetings from a now chilly South Africa, on day 60 of Corona lockdown.

Boat has been polished more times than i can remember and we missed the last of our season, so living vicariously through you guys.

Have a question and interested on any general thoughts and feedback.

IS the 2020 Vapor Pro that much better than the 2018/2019 design? And then any thoughts on the HO Omega and how it compares?

I guess its early in the season( further hampered by Corona) but anybody got impressions thoughts on these skis and how they compare.

Have been searching but haven't found that many reviews/ thoughts on either as yet.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and thoughts...

• Baller

Not coming off the Radar Vapor I cannot offer you a comparison. With 6 sets on the Omega I can tell you that this ski just works at least for me. It is allowing me to work on what I am doing especially as I am pushing a bit trying to make up lost ground with a late season start. To sum up I feel it has a lot of tolerance or a wide envelope/window of performance and has been great for building my confidence early in the season. Fast and smooth with no real stand out bad traits so far.

If I had to pick out the top 3 things I like about it so far they would be 1) the ease with which it generates speed. 2) feels rock solid in the preturn with weight well forward 3) the way it completes the turn with speed, tip stays low, and sets you up well for the pull.

I am happy thus far with it.

Edit - Just got off the water from another set. Went from 8 to 9 deg wing and it really helped to nail my offside turns down.

@Martin1980 Asher, Adams, Travers, Parish, Luzzeri, Christie all on the Omega platform, well their skis are prob not off the shelf Omegas but yeah, on the Omega and if not that its whatever is coming next.

@immikerowley Jump on one of each and test ride it. Only way to know.

• Baller

Hey @ShaunT ,

I wish i could, there are no dealers offering demos down in South Africa, so need to buy "blind" which is tough.

Was almost hoping Stadlbauer had broken the record on the Omega to give it some credence

Must say though the local Radar dealer service is fantastic and HO difficult to get hold of , so for that reason leaning Vapor...

@ballsohard agree, would be intrigued to see the results/ improvements of the new enhancements in 2020 from rider feedback.

Thanks fro the feedback guys

• Baller
@ShaunT I can say this with confidence... By and large, the entire team is riding stock skis. I'm often the one selecting the skis off the rack and shipping them. The only time we deviate from this is when we are deep into development of a new model. Keep in mind too, we are always in the development of the "next ski", so last year's prototype is this year's stock ski.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@Martin1980

We have a pretty diversified mix right now, which is awesome because we make 3 Syndicate skis and they are all relevant:

Omega: Will, JT, @Luzz , @noodleba , Christie

Alpha: Jaime (Collegiate Record), Allie (2nd at Moomba)

Pro: Beny (Swiss Record), Hazelwood

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations