Getting tall on the ski after CL.

Wish

• Baller_

Just gonna leave this here and open it up for discussion (stolen from FB). What struck me was how tall on the ski he is and how fast he gets there. I struggle with this more then anything. Even TW gets stupid tall in the same way and he’s even more compressed through the wakes the me....or so it looks.

ecr3sf45l5nw.jpeg

• Baller
Looking forward to this one! #adamcaldwell should chime in here. He talks of getting your shoulders as far as possible from the ski... not the water, in order to help get the hips up. It's helping me get closer to running 35 more.

• Baller_
@ghutch ya, Adams advice is gotten me the closest. Don’t know if I’m missing a piece but I can’t seem to get there that fast. It’s more like several ski lengths later. As the rope gets shorter, I get worse at it.

• Baller

I think it's less about them pressing down with their feet and legs to get tall and more about keeping the handle tight while letting the ski arc out on the turning edge. It's an eternal struggle of mine too. If you're not letting the handle get away while letting your ski run a wide line, the tallness sortof comes naturally presumably... this is just me theorizing though. I'm a 28offer. lol

It's also probably a lot easier if stack and speed generation before CL was effective to let them be truly free on the outbound glide. Another thing most mortals struggle with.

• Baller
@wish I may have gone a touch long in that photo sequence, but the earlier my transition, the quicker & easier I can stand up after CL. Staying connected is key for the move as well (for me).

• Baller
@Mike Gile yes. According to Caldwell you need to stand tall all the time. Think of an athlete deadlifting.. they are trying like heck to stand up and move their shoulders away in order to lift the bar. Same with skiers trying to maintain or hold onto the load. This also helps with getting the hips up. Something else to think about as well is staying within what he calls the fall line. Essentially it is directly over the ski, centered over your bindings. Not forward, back, left or right. Stand tall and stay there. It will help.