HO 41 Tail Gloves

blagrata

• Baller
I have used the red 41 Tail gloves for years. XL gloves always fit just right.... snug.. but not too tight. It's time to get the next pair of gloves. I ordered a pair of the yellow ones (not sure what year they are from... but prior to 2019). Size XL... look identical in design... but feel a little big. Definitely a little different size than the red ones. I'm going to send these back and try something else. Just wanted to know if there are any loyal 41 Tail glove users on here that have experience with the fit of the gloves. Has anyone tried a 2019 or 2020 (black ones)... compared to the older red ones? The construction looks a little different. The inside out ones perhaps? Has anyone gotten a pair of gloves that just seem to be cut a little bigger than another identical pair they've had? (Variance within the same year?). I don't live in an area where these gloves are available to try on... so I have to order them. I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight before I spent a bunch on return shipping for several pairs. Thanks in advance.

• Baller
@blagrata I have used 41 tails for a few years. I have just switched to the inside out version, and I can't go back to anything else to be honest. In my experience, the the inside outs are slightly tighter in size. If you liked the XL in red, you should be fine with XL inside out. I was using S with yellow/gray 41 tails and they were perfect, I now use M inside outs

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
I use the black 41 Tails, size XXL. They do seem a little larger than the red 41 Tails XXL. It doesn't matter to me. I wear two pairs of liners inside each glove for hand protection. If you get a pair that feel a little large, just try a liner inside. They will snug up and give your hands more protection. The 41 Tails grip, any color I've used, have a grip second to none. If I'm not mistaken, they have some Kevlar in them.

I burn through a pair of gloves in about 3 mounts during ski season. I have tried multiple gloves including the expensive Masterline curve gloves (Suppose to be very durable according to Masterline). I concluded that they are all nearly the same in terms of wear. The best gloves are the cheapest gloves because they all suck and they all wear out quickly for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-Sports-41-water-ski-Tail-Glove-Mens/202328301986?hash=item2f1bb4e1a2:m:mHK1-dybjivCRyzxJkfOuWg

This link^ has 41 tail gloves for $28. They are currently out of stock of larger sizes, but keep an eye on it and they come back into stock.