Help with New Ski!

jtcrouse21

Would love some help here on buying a new slalom ski. I'm 6'2" weigh around 210 and ski at about 32mph. I start in deep water and love to zip across the wake. I usually don't ride on a course and just cruise around the lake but would like a ski that performs well. Love to lay it down pretty flat and zip across the wake. Would love some suggestions!

• Baller

Sounds like a 69” Radar Senate would fit the bill. Most forgiving build is the Alloy, next up is the Graphite then Lithium and finally the Pro.

All shapes of the Senate are the same just the core differs.

Very generally, Alloy is the softest flex and least expensive with each model up getting a little firmer in flex and a little pricier. Try before you buy if you can.

I currently ski a 20 Senate Pro but have previously owned a 17 Lithium and a 19 Lithium. All great skis with the current shape being my favorite.

You will love it first time out.

• Baller
I second the Omni. A 69" would be the size for you. The Omni would be perfect for what you are doing. Fast, super low drag, gets width easy, turns amazing, easy to get up on - a real game-changer in my opinion.

Modern boots are so comfy! I do feel the Radar boots hold up better overtime than the HO products (based on my experience) but if you go Radar, make sure you get aluminium plates as the feather frame hole patterns wont work. Check out the Radar Profile and Radar Vectors - Cheers!

• Baller

Both are great skis. I have a Carbon Omni and using Radar binders with feather frames. I had to make the middle holes larger on the front binder to get them to work.

I modified the rear toe slightly as well.

• Baller
I would get the HO boot (Freemax of Skymax) because of the direct connect. No plate that attaches to the ski with a bunch of screws. Just 2 screws and that's it. No effect on the flex of the ski at all. And a piece of cake to adjust and mount. Plus, they are really comfortable.